Trying to lose weight... nutella vs peanut butter??

Options
I am trying to lose weight but I have a hard time eating 1000 cal per day so I am thinking about adding nutella or peanut butter and I would like to hear from others the pros and cons of both.. thanks

Replies

• sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Always peanut butter. Nutella is full of sugar
  • snooj
    snooj Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is like asking chicken or beef. Eat the one you want. Buy both and switch it up. Mix them. Whatever. People generally prefer peanut butter because it is higher protein.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Nutella isn't as healthy as the commercials would lead you to believe. Lots of sugar. If you want the chocolate and the calories then I'd say go either way. Personally...I'd add a handful of nuts to my day.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I would say peanut butter for both reasons listed above me, its higher in protein which keeps you full and nutella has more sugar.
  • clareabow
    clareabow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If your wanting to stay healthy defo paunut butter .. for the protein
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I say mix 'em together and eat them both!!!

:wink:
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was going to try Nutella until I seen it had as much sugar as a Reese Cup! lol
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Imo nutella is gross..I buy natural peanut butter it's a big jar of delicious calories and normally helps get my calories up
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP's posted this morning that he was having snickers on toast, i.e. peanut butter and nutella on toast. This has messed with my mind :sad:
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    agree with the others- natural pb is a much healthier choice, nutella has ALOT of sugar. it is also overly sweet.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I have a love affair with peanut butter. Its my go to for anything. I am get the creamy one with oil separation.

Ingredients are peanuts, salt.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Now you've done it. This is going to turn into a war thread, I can just feel it.

Next time we can try discussing whether eggs should be opened on the small end or the big end.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is better nutritionally (more protein, less sugar, specifically in the "natural" ones). Nutella is full of sugar. That being said, if sugar doesn't bother you, and it fits within your calorie limit, go for it.
  • kellymill2
    Options
    Look for PB2 , it is powered peanut butter. Less fat and sugar. You add water and stir it to the consistency you prefer. I love it.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose weight but I have a hard time eating 1000 cal per day so I am thinking about adding nutella or peanut butter and I would like to hear from others the pros and cons of both.. thanks

Wait. You're having a hard time getting to 1000 calories a day? Even if you made that it wouldn't be enough. Why are you making that your goal, just in case there's some super extraordinary thing I don't know?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You're a male currently eating less than 1000 calories a day? Please tell me I read that wrong.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Seriously? If you aren't hitting 1,000 calories per day you need to seriously look at what you're eating and and some nutrition instead of adding sugar calories.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    pb2 if you want the chocolate flavor. You can add it to you Peanut butter.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Maybe try hazelnut butter!

I've never had it but im going to pick some up after i finish my almond butter.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not buying it.

You're a male, with 60+lbs to lose, and you're having a hard time getting to 1000 calories a day?
    I'm not buying what you're selling at all.

Eat more...like 2000 calories a day..