Looking for MFP Friends for encouragement and tips!

Options
I'm Lindsay... I wasn't always overweight, in high school I was a three sport girl until I got injured. I played field hockey track and lacrosse. During high school I had to have knee surgery and then was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I went through college and now in Grad School, I've become overweight. Some of it is from my own medication that I'm trying to change... but the rest is my own laziness and lack of motivation. I need some friends on here to keep me accountable, to encourage, or just to chat about tips or whatnot.

Replies

• Agannon0728
    Agannon0728 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lindsay,
    you can do this .. find a goal and work towards it :) water has been my main key !!! i added you
  • irishgirlie826
    Options
    Yeah! I work at Rite Aid and I always buy pop. Lately I've been bringing water or a small smack with me so I don't by the unhealthy foods we have there. Thanks!
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    Hi, I am an older woman..wishing to lose the added weight I have seemed to keep on since being dx'd with BiPolar in 1997. I too started the rapid gain with meds then like you are describing became lazy or set in habits or just did not care. The down side of BP you know? Anyway, if you are willing to have an older friend, I am 55 then I would love to have you as a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I work at Rite Aid and I always buy pop. Lately I've been bringing water or a small smack with me so I don't by the unhealthy foods we have there. Thanks!

Bringing your own food is smart! There's a 7/11 right across the street from my office and if I don't bring my own water and snacks I'm always over there getting unhealthy things.