38 yr old single mom getting fit to keep up with teenager.

Options
Hello everyone, I am Tara, I live in Southwest Arkansas and am the mother of a 14 yr old son.
I have been heavy all my life, but having a very active teen had made me realize that I need to get into shape just to keep up with half of his schedule!

I would love to make friends and hopefully find a support system. We can keep each other motivated.

Replies

• chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello, Tara! I'm Chanel, and I also have the goal of getting fit and more active to keep up with my kids. I'm only 21, but I have two children under two years old! My 14mo-old daughter and my 7wk-old son. I definitely understand the difficulty to exercise when you're a mother, whether it's because you have a teenager(s) with a busy schedule or because your kids are simply so young.
    Feel free to friend/message me for support, motivation, advice, discussions, accountability, or whatever else you may need! Mommas on the path to weight loss definitely need to be there for one another!!
    -Chanel
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Howdy neighbor. we have a few things in common. I am almost 38 years old (June 5th), I am a single mom of a preteen daughter and I live in Northwest Arkansas.
  • tiff375
    tiff375 Posts: 9
    Options
    sounds like me...except I also have a toddler to keep up with. GOD HELP ME! :-)

Welcome! I'm kind of new and still trying to stay focused on my weight loss but I will admit...it's hard. But we can't give up! We got this!!

Good luck with your journey!! You're definitely not alone!!!
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have 2 toddlers.one is 4 and other is 2 i am 25.it is hard fitting work outs into your life when you have kids.but we can always find a way.
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tara!

I'm also a single parent around your age with kids who are 21, 16, & 14. Feel free to add me!