• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    not even the least bit healthy but

a loaf of garlic bread
    thinly sliced medium rare steak
    bacon!
    cheese

and boom complete week of calories in one sandwhich!

but it was quite delicious

that sounds like an awesome sandwich! i would add some mushrooms to that
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with Sara Lee's 45 calorie wheat bread. So I have a sandwich almost everyday. My fave is the bread, Newman's Own honey mustard lite, lunch meat (usually turkey) onion, tomato & lettuce. :-)

ETA forgot to add avocado. YUM.
  • sirduckbutt
    sirduckbutt Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made a couple of sandwiches with green pesto, some dolmio pastasauce and also mozzarella cheese. I put it in the oven for about ten minutes and... Done! Really tasty!
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have three favorite sandwiches :

- Ezekiel bread with natural peanut butter and bananas
    - A whole wheat sandwich thin with sliced turkey, provolone, spinach, tomato and avocado (also good with chicken breast)
    - Subway 6" turkey and provolone on whole wheat with spinach, tomato, green pepper, cucumber and oil and vinegar
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Fresh french bread with olive tapenade,provolone cheese, and prosciutto.
  • chrst793
    chrst793 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    my lunches this week have been this sandwich:

Sara Lee 45 calorie bread
    Oscar Mayer Thin Sliced Mesquite turkey (6 slices)
    3 slices of center cut bacon
    1/2 package of 100 cal pack of guacamole
    fresh baby spinach

260 calories!!!!
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    one of the only times I allow myself some cheese, really.

You should "allow" yourself whatever you want to eat, as long as it fits within your goals. I LOVE cheese, and I am not going to stop eating it regardless. Being skinny won't make me happy if I can't eat my favorite foods to do it. I have a bowl of broccoli cheddar soup from Panera like 3 times a week. Delicious and only 300 calories. Cheese fix satisfied.

Well, I had a heart attack, so, whether I like it or not, less cheese is part of my goal.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    While sturdier bread is always tastier, the BF doesn't care for too much bread and will usually peel the extra off, so that Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delightful bread actually works well for daily lunches for him. Other good plain-jane grocery store bread is Nature's Own Butter Bread and, of course, the childhood staple - plain white Sunbeam bread, soft as pillows, excellent on grilled cheese with sharp cheddar.

Also, this is more of a wrap, but Joseph wraps (found at Walmart http://www.josephsbakery.com/p-10211-Heart-Friendly-Pita-Bread-With-Plant-Sterols ) with cajun roast beef, cheddar cheese, dijon mustard and spinach is an extremely filling, delicious, low-calorie lunch. At 60 calories per wrap, I imagine it would also make a great base for pizza. Now I want to buy some and try some hummus/bean sprout/turkey or some delicious tuna salad made with diced onions/jalapenos and mixed with cottage cheese and a dash of hot sauce. Noms.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Croque Madame

IMG_20130404_184813.jpg
    IMG_20130404_184915.jpg
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ^^^ *drool* Now that's a sammich.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member