BMF and logging exercise...

Options
Hi there! I have a new BMF and am confused as to whether or not I also need to log my exercise here (even just as 1 calorie.) I have seen posts where many people do this. Is there a reason that I need to do this or is it fine to just let my BMF keep track of things on its own.

Also with the LINK there is a workout log on my phone to log workouts. Do I need to start a new workout each time I exercise or can I just let the device keep track of the calorie burn on its own?

I want to make it as simple as possible.

Thanks!

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have my calories set at my TDEE - 20% and I log my exercises here but I dont eat my calories back. But I still log them for my own knowledge. I dont know if that helps or not lol.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I also just recently got a BMF. I still use my hrm and record workouts from that, but bmf doees do daily adjustments for calories burned.
  • bhmathews
    bhmathews Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can link the two ( BMF and MFP) and it will keep track or you. Some times it takes a little time for it to sync, but it always does for me.

You can track a particular workout session if you want to see the specifics for that. You can also just workout and watch the calories burned get added to your daily total without purposely tracking anything. I like to track workouts to see if I can bump the intensity a little each time and burn just a few more calories. Its a fun goal :)

Have fun with your new gadget! I've had mine over two weeks now and LOVE it.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I appreciate the help!! I understand now!