The worst meal I ever had was...

Options

Replies

• chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    As much as I love my hubby, he once asked me if salmon would be cool for dinner... I was up for it, actually excited cause I haven't had it in years... Turns out it was canned, thrown into some rice and covered in salt and seasonings... But it tasted like a bar of salt... Literally... Told him it was terrible, and he told me I didn't know how to cook! But he made up for it, made some slammin fried chicken the next night that redeemed his screw up lol!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    JUST NOW!!!......i have a sever sinus infection so i needed quick meals to eat with my meds at work that i can microwave....i had the idea to buy banquet meals 10 for $10.........i just ate chicken fried chicken.......OMGSH I ALMOST PUKED AWFUL IDEA!!!!! i took 2 bites ate the unsalted corn and threw it out.....WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! i know that crap isnt good for you......back to yogurt and graham crackers lol

edited to say im broke so i couldnt just go get a salad some where and my groceries were bought with foodstamps and restaurants dont take those
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    unflavored whey protein mixed with water tastes like semen
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    My father, recently divorced, made liver in the crock pot. Apparently he thought it would be more efficient than making it when he got home from work. It was mushy and gritty, and he forced us to stay at the table until it was gone. I was only 12 years old and it still counts as the worst thing ever.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    My husbands friend made potato salad once and the potatoes were very under cooked. Plus too much onions. I ate it to be nice, but it was awful. I can't stand undercooked potatos.

I definitely read this as "my husband fried potato salad once"...
    That would be the worst meal ever.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My father, recently divorced, made liver in the crock pot. Apparently he thought it would be more efficient than making it when he got home from work. It was mushy and gritty, and he forced us to stay at the table until it was gone. I was only 12 years old and it still counts as the worst thing ever.

that is horrible im so sorry you had to go through that
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love French food, but a "gourmet" meal I had in France once was the worst I've had to suffer through. Of the dishes served were homemade Fois Gras and pureed fennel. I had to try to hide it under my bread.
  • cincigina
    cincigina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Jellied moose muzzle. And yes, I'm serious. Our family hunted moose regularly (we lived in Northern Ontario where that is practically a rite of passage) and my father thought he would try this bizarre recipe he found somewhere. That was 20 years ago and it still makes me feel queasy.

This made me gag.
    I'm never opposed to trying anything new....one of my co-workers brought Chitterlings/Chitlins in, as a soup, and I tried a bite. ONE.BITE.

DISGUSTING doesn't even cover the horrible taste they have. They taste EXACTLY the way Poop smells. NO NO NO NO

And this made me laugh out loud. Blah ha ha
  • egarrett8911
    Options
    I can't get past the ketchup on pasta....

I think I qualified for welfare just by eating it

I love you for this comment
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    "TVP Chili".... an invention of my own. and worst idea ever.... You could say I wasn't quite as educated as I am now about a year and a half ago when I decided to start watching what I eat and exercising. So I thought it'd be a great idea to make chili with textured soy protein instead of actual ground meat (apparently I hadn't discovered ground turkey/chicken yet?) So I made this awesome tasting chili (I should've just stopped and made it veggie chili).... and I threw in some TVP. Had a bite and thought "wow this is pretty good" but after about 5 more bites I decided that it tasted like I was eating someone's puke.

I don't know why I ever thought that'd be a good idea.

I'm glad that I've settled into my high protein, meat-eating ways over the last year.
    I'm a bit surprised by that one.My mom sometimes makes lasagna with ground soy meat and it's sooo freakin delicious!It's a lot better than lasagna with regular meat.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Liver... I actually throw up a little when I try to eat it. I do not care what you put on it, or how you cook it. I cannot get past the taste.

My worst meal experience though was burger king, I was 16 and my brother and I wanted burger king so we begged my mother for some money to get a few Whopper Juniors. I ate one and a half of the two I bought and gave the other half to my mother. My brother started getting sick in the car, by the time we got home was sweating, and ran for the bathroom. I thought it was funny, I went for a ride on my horse and by the time I got back from my hour usual ride my stomach felt like someone hit it with a hammer. I ran for the bathroom, and couldn't stop running for the next 24 hours. My mother was sick about 1 hour after me, obviously it went by amount eaten and metabolism. It's pretty obvious we had food poisoning. It was awful. I didn't eat at Burger King for 12 years, I even work behind a Burger King at the fascility I am currently with and until recently I couldn't brave it. Of course that Burger King was the same one I had gotten food poisoning from.

I am over it now. But it was awful.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    On vacation in NC, we had lunch at a place called Dirty ****'s Crab House. Deep fried gator-tots and something claiming to be a crab melt. Greasy greasy greasy. None of us could finish our food. The waiter even offered TUMs at the end of the meal.
  • NoRegrets_13
    Options
    anything with the words "Lean Cuisine" on it
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ketchup Chips.

I haven't even had them yet, but I am pretty sure they are going to be terrible.

One of my favourites right up there with dill pickle chips!!!

and yes I am Canadian
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    deep fried cockroaches and water beetles...apparently its common snack fare in thailand, and being a foolish tourist I decided to be adventurous.

I'll never get over the feeling of little insect legs on my tongue. Gag.

Burger King "ketchup and fries" chips are definitely up there.
  • locaoca
    locaoca Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I went to Applebee's and order a salad (the one with strawberries and blueberries) and it came with a side of short and curlies. Didn't see them until almost done. I threw up immediately.

Ordered Papa John's pizza. I was so hungry when it finally came, I saw a brown spot on it and thought it was burnt cheese (which I love) and took a huge bite right at the brown spot. It was an Andies mint chocolate. Needless to say haven't eaten there again.

Went to Checkers ordered a burger. It was frozen in the middle. I'll eat there but won't touch their burgers.

Worst made by a family member: My dad called it sh** on a shingle and said it was made in the army. It was ground beef with corn starch and onions on a piece of bread.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    One of the very worst:

I don’t even know full well what was in it (might be better that way) – but it was something my former mother in law made from time to time –

She called it Bugs Bunny (I have NO idea why, and I certainly can’t find it online – you would expect that to be a carrot or vegetable dish – but alas no…)… it was some kind of baked pasta dish that featured about 6 pounds of pasta shells, probably 10 types of CHEAP cheese (knowing her, Velveeta was probably in it) and of course a gallon of pasta sauce. It was baked in a big flat casserole dish. Might have had ground chuck in it too, not sure.

It was the greasiest, heaviest most disgusting cinder block of food I’ve ever seen. The first time I took some assuming it might be a good pasta dish (it looked ok at first – VERY FIRST – glance) and I didn’t like it, but still ate it to be polite. The next time, I was grateful that she had made some other, less-gross choices as well at the pastapalooza, and I ate those instead.
  • brighteyes124
    brighteyes124 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ugh I can't choose between two!

The first was my own doing, a spinach and cheese strata that I found on pinterest. It looked and smelled delicious, tasted like savory rotten french toast

The second was a meal at this place called Midevil Manor. One of those places where you watch jousting and eat with your hands. Everything about that meal was awful. Bad mussels, huge mugs of PBR beer, gross gross gross
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    When I was in basic training they gave me an MRE that was called the Omelet with ham. I say that is what it was called because I swear the thing must have been expired. The thing that was in that package was nothing close to an omelet with ham. It was some sort of disgusting thing that was not understood by science yet.

I told my drill sergeant that my MRE was expired and I needed another one. I will never forget the uplifting words of advise he gave me that day. he said

"Listen here you sorry sack of communist trash I don't care if your MRE is expired you are going to eat it or I'll cram it up your *kitten* and make you march around the camp on your hands. With any luck your MRE will kill you and I'll have one less monkey turd to polish up and send back home his mommy."

I walked back over to the log I was sitting on and ate that thing. I think the omelet did try to kill be fortunately my body was smart enough to vomit up the omelet on the ruck march home after which I felt much better. Since I was in basic training and forced to eat an expired medical experiment gone wrong all the while have drill sergeants telling me how wonderful I was in their own special way I am going to call that my worst meal ever.
  • maylee5515
    Options
    ANYTHING WITH GOAT CHEESE