Yes,I EXTREMELY NEED HELP

Options
Friends , dont mind if I wanna ask you guys few questions.I hope that you all can help me by replying all or any of these questions.Thanks a lot because I always unsure of what Im doing :)

1.Do you think dinner is essential ? Some of my friends skip dinner but he ate a big amount of foods for lunch.The lunch meal keeps him full .Furthermore,he did lost weight a lot in couple of months ,around 10 pounds

2.Recently,Im having my semester break for 5 months and I planning to work starts from the third month.So ,for the first 2 month,I always go to gym ,almost everyday doing the cardio workouts such as rowing ,running normal and incline and cycling.The problems here are after doing it for quite a long time I get bored and I dont have the mood to do so.

3.Do you know fat burner pills ? I have been highly recognised by one of the gym trainer .They said its good to help us lose more weight.But then,some of my friends took it.When they stop consuming the fat burner pills.They gained back double of their sizes.This is what they said.There's one time , I tried one.Honestly,I sweat double then the normal and more energy .Im not confidence of this pills.

4.My dad always go for meeting from places to places.So my whole family travels together.When we are there (anywhere),we will eat together as a family .I always on my diet,but then when they eat superlicious meal,I will ended up joining them too.The food lust is ARGHHHH uncontrolled.Do you encountered this problem before ? How you control it ?

5.I did asked my friends whether is it better to go gym at night or morning.Some of them said night.Night time usually crowded but morning time ,there's no one.I usually go night time because I can see some of them doing workout extremely which always boost up my spirit to lose weight .Then,when I exceed over limit eat for my lunch,my mindset will be At night,I will push harder at the gym.Do you prefer night or morning ?

That's all,I hope I don't burden you all.Please give a good responds and feedback :)

Replies

• donna1432
    donna1432 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Dinner is not only essential its VITAL.. you need to eat 5 times a day breakfast, snack, lunch snack and dinner food (healthy) is fuel for your body which keeps it burning 2. keep on moving 3 STAY AWAY FROM PILLS AND DIET GIMMICS.. YEP IM YELLING LOL 4.. you have to learn healthier eating habits and major Portion control... 5 I prefer workout early am get it over and it gives me my energy for the day 6.. ck your messages :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    1.Do you think dinner is essential ? Regular meals are important. If you skip them, you'll find that you end up over-indulging later. Even if I'm over my calorie goal for the day, I'll have something light in the evening so I can make smart choices for breakfast.

2.Recently,Im having my semester break for 5 months and I planning to work starts from the third month.So ,for the first 2 month,I always go to gym ,almost everyday doing the cardio workouts such as rowing ,running normal and incline and cycling.The problems here are after doing it for quite a long time I get bored and I dont have the mood to do so.

Change up your routine, take classes, run outside. There are a million things you can do to keep motivated.

3.Do you know fat burner pills ? There is no fat burner pill on the planet that is healthy for you and that will help you keep off the weight long term. What you need to do is change your diet and exercise.

4.My dad always go for meeting from places to places.So my whole family travels together.When we are there (anywhere),we will eat together as a family .I always on my diet,but then when they eat superlicious meal,I will ended up joining them too.The food lust is ARGHHHH uncontrolled.Do you encountered this problem before ? How you control it ?

Eat smaller portions of whatever you want. Track it all on MFP so you know how much you can indulge. Make sure you're eating enough calories so you don't binge.

5. .Do you prefer night or morning exercise?

The best time to exercise is when it's most motivating for YOU.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Dinner is not only essential its VITAL.. you need to eat 5 times a day breakfast, snack, lunch snack and dinner food (healthy) is fuel for your body which keeps it burning 2. keep on moving 3 STAY AWAY FROM PILLS AND DIET GIMMICS.. YEP IM YELLING LOL 4.. you have to learn healthier eating habits and major Portion control... 5 I prefer workout early am get it over and it gives me my energy for the day 6.. ck your messages :)

Agree with stay away from pills, dinner is not essential, nor are 5 meals a day, utter tosh, where did you get that idea from?

I eat two healthy meals a day, plus maybe a snack of fruit perhaps
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    1) I prefer to eat throughout the day, but some people prefer 1 or 2 big meals. Do what works for you. The calories matter, not the timing of your meals.

2) Change your workout. Go to the gym, but don't do the same exact things day in and day out. Add weights and not just cardio. Maybe go for a walk or jog/run outside for a change of scenery.

3) There is no magic pill.

4) Before you go out to eat, look at the menu you nutrition facts online (if available) and make the decision ahead of time. It's good to enjoy yourself once in a while.

5) I prefer to go to the gym in the morning and get it done with. There is no right answer about when to go. Try morning for a week or two and see if you like it better than what you are doing now.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    No, dinner is not vital, how you use your calories/meals is upto you, it won't make any difference to losing weight. As long as you keep to your allocated calories you'll be fine. There are no rules on how many meals and what meals you must eat!!!

Please don't take diet pills, do this through eating right and working out....you will be proud of your achievements and know you have done it the healthy way.

Workout when it suits you, I'm not one for early morning workouts so do them later in the day.

Good luck!!
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    1. I think a good balanced dinner is essential! I usually love oatmeal, soup, or even cereal for dinner lol. In order to lose you have to eat.

2. I understand exaclty what you mean!!!! I used to be on the same boat. There would be these times of the months when I would go to the gym and go 6 times out of the week... lose 5 to 6 pounds! and BOOM! GAIN in right back all b/c I was doing it wrong.. You can change things up.. go jog or workout outside.. You can get a workout dvd.. like Insanity which is very different workouts everyday..

3. PLEASE DONT DO IT! I DID IT!! & do you see me still struggling..? YES! Those fad diets are all lies.. None of them work. They can harm you too. Most or mainly most are not approved by the FDA. You need to do things the natural and healthy way. That is why you are on mfp. :) B/c at the end of the day those pills would make you gain all the weight right back.

4. What I learned so far is... when you go out with friends and/or family, what you do is this: plan out your day.. eat small but things that would fill you up (healthy things), workout, then before you go out to eat KNOW exactly what you are gonna eat, for example if you are going to Applebees you can choose what you want and find the nutritional information of it here on mfp. That way you wont feel controlled or have the urge to eat too many bad things!

5. I honestly prefer mornings b/c if gives me energy throughout the day. Like I hate doing insanity at night! I love doing it in the morning or early afternoon.. Now if I am jogging or cycling at the gym sometimes I may go at night, just b/c I can shower and sleep afterwards lol (the treadmill makes me tired).. But really you can workout whenever you like.

-Don't forget to do things that works for you. Don't try to lose too fast b/c then you'll gain it all right back. Try to actually educate yourself on what health and good nutrition really is. That's what I am doing :) And so far I am doing ok,. :)
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Agree with stay away from pills, dinner is not essential, nor are 5 meals a day, utter tosh, where did you get that idea from?

I eat two healthy meals a day, plus maybe a snack of fruit perhaps

I think what she meant was breakfast, SNACK, lunch, SNACK, dinner = 5 :)
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1.Yes, dinner is essential in some form. It can be a smaller meal than lunch (mine is usually only a little bigger than a snack), but you should eat something. I like to keep my carbohydrates lower, and my protein a little bit high. It helps me get through the day without feeling sluggish around 2:30-3pm, but it really depends on what YOU need. I am by no means a nutrition expert, I just do what my trainer and I have discussed as functional eating for me.

2. Its always a good idea to find new ways to spice up your workout. Maybe try signing up a weight room tutorial at your gym so you can start lifting? Building the muscle will help you lose weight, and it gives you something new to do, or take classes!

3. "Fat burning" pills are sketchy at best. I wouldn't say its worth it, most come with a long list of awful symptoms that no one wants. I was sucked in once before and it sent my anxiety through the roof. I felt my heart racing all day long, which made me afraid to exercise because I felt like something bad was going to happen to me. I threw them out after less than a week. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Losing weight, and working out is part of learning to live a healthy lifestyle, healthy lifestyles don't include unnecessary pills.

4. Eating 5-6 healthy smaller meals a day keeps me really full so its easier to ignore the cravings and go for the healthy choice. Its been months of eating clean, and now when I do splurge and order pasta or something at a restaurant I find it immensely dissatisfying, and sometimes it even upsets my stomach a little.

5. I prefer mornings, but I workout in the evenings when I can't make it first thing in the morning. Routine is what is important. Make physical activity part of your normal day regardless of what time you make it to the gym.
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    1.Do you think dinner is essential ? I find it essential for me. I am always hungry by dinner time and if I skipped it (or any other meal) I would be extra hungry and likely to overeat or make poor food choices. If you eat a big lunch and are not hungry at dinner time it may not be necessary for you to eat dinner. Make sure that you are eating close to your goal calories for the day.

2.Recently,Im having my semester break for 5 months and I planning to work starts from the third month.So ,for the first 2 month,I always go to gym ,almost everyday doing the cardio workouts such as rowing ,running normal and incline and cycling.The problems here are after doing it for quite a long time I get bored and I dont have the mood to do so. I am under doctor orders to exercise 5x per week. I usually go to the gym and do the same thing which does get boring. Changing it up in order or what you do does help. Adding in weights and maybe a class would add more variety and help keep you from being bored.

3.Do you know fat burner pills ? Fat burning pills do not work long term and may be dangerous to your health. Don't use these!

4.Do you encountered this problem before ? How you control it ? When eating out, use the posted menu to choose ahead of time the healthy thing you will order. then, eat slowly and only eat about 1/2 of the dish. You can take the rest home with you for another meal. Enjoy your meal and the time with your family. Feel free to indulge in the scrumptious food but do it in moderation - small portions and take a doggie bag home.

5.Do you prefer night or morning ? Personally I prefer the afternoon. I like to sleep in in the morning and I don't like exercising too late in the evening - it disturbs my sleep. There is no right answer for this one, no one time that works for everyone. Since you said you get bored at the gym, varying the time you go may also help with that. I would try going in the morning for a couple of weeks and see if you like it better than exercising at night. Once you know which you like better you can do your exercising where it fits best in your daily schedule.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I can't remember where I found this originally, but I copied it and read it from time to time when I start doubting or second guessing....

You don't need to eat clean.
    You don't need to avoid white bread or potatoes or beans or rice or _____________ (insert food here) unless you've got an intolerance/allergy/medical condition.
    You don't need to eat breakfast to get your metabolism started.
    You probably don't need to pay any attention to GI.
    Your metabolism doesn't get kick-started and you don't rev it up.
    Eating frequently is fine but it doesn't "boost your metabolism".
    Don't waste your money on Raspberry Keytones and you should probably turn off Dr. Oz.
    You are not toning.
    You will not bulk up, ladies.
    You also don't "gain muscle really easily". Yes, YOU.
    Low carbing is not dangerous.
    Low carbing is not metabolically superior.
    You can eat food before bed.
    You can eat food IN bed.
    There is no specific time at which eating will cause you to gain fat.
    The little pink dumbbells do not constitute "lifting weights".
    That glass of blended up "juice" that you're replacing your meals with, probably isn't "cleansing" any "toxins".
    "Hot Pants" don't make you lose fat, although they may make your wallet lighter.
    You don't need to burn off that bowl of cereal or piece of chicken.
    You don't need to worry about whether you're burning carbs or fat.
    You don't need to worry about how much fat you burned during your workout, or how much muscle you gained during that set of bosu-ball dumbbell flies.
    You don't "shock your body"
    You don't "confuse your mucles"
    Stop switching up your lifting program. How about stick to something and add weight to the bar.
    Just because you saw it in a documentary doesn't mean it's a good idea or even remotely research-based.
    You don't need to zig-zag or carb cycle or do the 17 day butt wash or the cabbage donkey stew diet.
    2 weeks is not a plateau.

Start here:
    1) Eat within a reasonable caloric intake for your goals.
    2) Consume adequate protein and fat.
    3) Consume at least enough carbs to allow you to train with intensity.

(And can you just use some common sense with food selection?)

4) Lift weights
    5) Get rest.
    6) Repeat
    7) And quit worrying about all the other crap.

Be patient.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I can't remember where I found this originally, but I copied it and read it from time to time when I start doubting or second guessing....

You don't need to eat clean.
    You don't need to avoid white bread or potatoes or beans or rice or _____________ (insert food here) unless you've got an intolerance/allergy/medical condition.
    You don't need to eat breakfast to get your metabolism started.
    You probably don't need to pay any attention to GI.
    Your metabolism doesn't get kick-started and you don't rev it up.
    Eating frequently is fine but it doesn't "boost your metabolism".
    Don't waste your money on Raspberry Keytones and you should probably turn off Dr. Oz.
    You are not toning.
    You will not bulk up, ladies.
    You also don't "gain muscle really easily". Yes, YOU.
    Low carbing is not dangerous.
    Low carbing is not metabolically superior.
    You can eat food before bed.
    You can eat food IN bed.
    There is no specific time at which eating will cause you to gain fat.
    The little pink dumbbells do not constitute "lifting weights".
    That glass of blended up "juice" that you're replacing your meals with, probably isn't "cleansing" any "toxins".
    "Hot Pants" don't make you lose fat, although they may make your wallet lighter.
    You don't need to burn off that bowl of cereal or piece of chicken.
    You don't need to worry about whether you're burning carbs or fat.
    You don't need to worry about how much fat you burned during your workout, or how much muscle you gained during that set of bosu-ball dumbbell flies.
    You don't "shock your body"
    You don't "confuse your mucles"
    Stop switching up your lifting program. How about stick to something and add weight to the bar.
    Just because you saw it in a documentary doesn't mean it's a good idea or even remotely research-based.
    You don't need to zig-zag or carb cycle or do the 17 day butt wash or the cabbage donkey stew diet.
    2 weeks is not a plateau.

Start here:
    1) Eat within a reasonable caloric intake for your goals.
    2) Consume adequate protein and fat.
    3) Consume at least enough carbs to allow you to train with intensity.

(And can you just use some common sense with food selection?)

4) Lift weights
    5) Get rest.
    6) Repeat
    7) And quit worrying about all the other crap.

Be patient.

Great advice, should be a "sticky" on the forums
  • chriswee2012
    chriswee2012 Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks a lot.Very helpful answers :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I am not reading your post right now because it is MASSIVE but you can add me if you are game. I'll try to help too. Going back to read it more soon when I have a second.
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I feel for you when you talked about your family and eating meals with them. Someone said it already but I will repeat it - eat with them, take a little of what you fancy, eat slowly so that your plate is not empty, pile on the vegetables and salads.

Also I just wanted to say good luck to you.
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1.Do you think dinner is essential ? Some of my friends skip dinner but he ate a big amount of foods for lunch.The lunch meal keeps him full .Furthermore,he did lost weight a lot in couple of months ,around 10 pounds

I usually eat the vast majority of my calories for dinner, but on the occasions where I have a big lunch (this tends to be at the weekend if I go out to a pub or restaurant), I have a much smaller meal at dinner- something like a sandwich or something, virtually just a snack. It depends how you like to eat.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I too eat the majority of my calories in the evening. I know I am a large snacker, I like to graze. When I am going out I like to look in advance and pick my foods. Lots of menues have healthy options now and they are quite good. I ate at Fridays not too long ago and it was great. Had one of their 550 meals. Other than that try to stick to broiled or grilled foods with vegetables and easy on the butter and sour cream for the potatoe. Just one packet of each. Good luck, it is hard but perhaps if your goal is not to gain during these times you will be a success.
  • MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I understand that in certain cultures you must eat together and enjoy the meal together. Try eating smaller portions. Enjoy it, but in moderation. Good luck!
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Friends , dont mind if I wanna ask you guys few questions.I hope that you all can help me by replying all or any of these questions.Thanks a lot because I always unsure of what Im doing :)

3.Do you know fat burner pills ? I have been highly recognised by one of the gym trainer .They said its good to help us lose more weight.But then,some of my friends took it.When they stop consuming the fat burner pills.They gained back double of their sizes.This is what they said.There's one time , I tried one.Honestly,I sweat double then the normal and more energy .Im not confidence of this pills.

5.I did asked my friends whether is it better to go gym at night or morning.Some of them said night.Night time usually crowded but morning time ,there's no one.I usually go night time because I can see some of them doing workout extremely which always boost up my spirit to lose weight .Then,when I exceed over limit eat for my lunch,my mindset will be At night,I will push harder at the gym.Do you prefer night or morning ?

That's all,I hope I don't burden you all.Please give a good responds and feedback :)

Ah, the nice thing is that most of the questions you're asking really aren't that important. As long as you do what works for you it's fine.

1. Doesn't matter. The link provides more links to positive results for intermittent fasting (ie, skipping meal). That works. But if you can't do without dinner have dinner. Whatever works for you is best.
    http://www.quora.com/Intermittent-Fasting/What-are-some-of-the-best-scientific-papers-that-provide-evidence-for-the-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting

2. Ah, you don't like running or elliptical? No problem! First of all, exercise is NOT a requirement for weight loss, but it will help. Also, hours and hours of cardio isn't necessary. Especially if you don't like it because you'll just be setting yourself up for failure. Weight training is considered to be even better for weight loss than cardio as you build new muscles. And muscles use up calories all day long. So, when you build muscles you're increasing the amount of calories your body uses even on days you do not do anything. Find what works for you, be it cardio or weighttraining or just half an hour of walking.
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/a/weight101.htm

3. I wouldn't get into fat burner pills, there's basically nothing that actually works. But if you believe in them and they make you feel like you're doing the right thing go for it (just check there's nothing harmfull in them). If you belief in something that only will make it work somewhat already.

4. Difficult! What you can try if it's a buffet to just go for vegetables first. Take a big plate full of healthy stuff. If you still want to later on allow yourself to get some of the deliciously unhealthy food. Take a smaller plate for it as well, you'll trick your mind into thinking you're eating lots of the unhealthy stuff while in reality it's not that bad.

5. There's some research to show that mornings are better pure physiologically. But I don't think that research is conclusive, nor does all research agree. But what works best is you doing your best. If you're more motivated at night, you'll work longer or push harder. That'll be better for you than all the positive effects a morning workout could possibly have. The only workout that works is the one you do, no matter the timing or the type.
  • chriswee2012
    chriswee2012 Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks for sharing all these links,very helpful :)