hydroxycut max??? yay or nay??

Options
Anyone have any good advice ? Does it work ?? Or at least help

Replies

• dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It will give you energy. You can use that energy to go to the gym and burn calories. That's what they're good for.
  • drkangelluv
    Options
    Well energy is good!!! Thnx :-)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    waste of money
    the only way t o lose weight and keep iit off is diet and exercise
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Heart Health Dangers

Hydroxycut is designed to reduce appetite and increase metabolism. However, serious side effects have been reported by people who use it. Hydroxycut contains caffeine, which can speed up the heart rate and put people at risk for heart attacks. The combination of willow bark, natural aspirin and caffeine in the form of guarana increase this risk as well as the risk for high blood pressure, heart murmurs and stroke.

Kidney Dangers

Along with caffeine and aspirin, Hydroxycut contains potassium. Potassium and calcium are included to help regulate weight loss, but they can interfere with kidney treatments. People with kidney ailments have to limit their potassium intake and should therefore be careful about taking Hydroxycut.

Read more: Dangers of Hydroxycut | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6171879_dangers-hydroxycut.html#ixzz2RWFgCpD0
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Most "diet aids" contain some form(s) of caffeine and EGCG which is an extract from green tea. Then various things to suppress appetite. Oh, and colourants. ;)
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Warning for Diabetics

The FDA warns diabetics required to take insulin not to take Hyrdoxycut because it can interfere with how the brain reads blood sugar levels. Hydroxycut contains chromium, which regulates insulin and controls the body's blood sugar. Chromium tricks the body into thinking that it is full. Taking Hydroxycut could trick the brain into thinking blood sugars are normal when they are not.

Other Side Effects

Besides heart problems and interference with diabetes and kidney treatments, Hydroxycut has been linked to other side effects. has received reports from people who have taken Hydroxycut who claim that it has led to liver and kidney failure, muscle damage and jaundice. There was a report of a person needing a liver transplant and one reported death due to Hydroxycut.

Recalled Hydroxycut Products

Even after removing ephedra, Hydroxycut still had to pull 14 products off the market because of investigations regarding health problems and death. The products pulled are Hydroxycut Regular Rapid Release Caplets, Caffeine-Free Rapid Release Caplets, Hardcore Liquid Caplets, Max Liquid Caplets, Regular Drink Packets, Caffeine-Free Drink Packets, Hardcore Drink Packets (Ignition Stix), Max Drink Packets, Liquid Shots, Hardcore RTDs (Ready-to-Drink), Max Aqua Shed, Hydroxycut 24, Carb Control and Hydroxycut Natural

Read more: Dangers of Hydroxycut | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6171879_dangers-hydroxycut.html#ixzz2RWFvhPR6
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Heart Health Dangers

Hydroxycut is designed to reduce appetite and increase metabolism. However, serious side effects have been reported by people who use it. Hydroxycut contains caffeine, which can speed up the heart rate and put people at risk for heart attacks. The combination of willow bark, natural aspirin and caffeine in the form of guarana increase this risk as well as the risk for high blood pressure, heart murmurs and stroke.

Kidney Dangers

Along with caffeine and aspirin, Hydroxycut contains potassium. Potassium and calcium are included to help regulate weight loss, but they can interfere with kidney treatments. People with kidney ailments have to limit their potassium intake and should therefore be careful about taking Hydroxycut.

Read more: Dangers of Hydroxycut | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6171879_dangers-hydroxycut.html#ixzz2RWFgCpD0

This

http://www.webmd.com/diet/hydroxycitric-acid-hydroxycut

Please consult a physician. There are no shortcuts to health
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Nay
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any good advice ? Does it work ?? Or at least help
    moderate calorie deficit.
    exercise.
    patience.

you don't need pills / supplements / special products to lose weight.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    A big NAY! I've worked in the health care industry. That product is highly marketed, but with many dangerous side effects.

There is NO magic pill
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For whatever its worth, a good friend of mine took it a good while back and said it worked but they have since changed the "recipe" and they are pretty much useless now...

I took it for just over a week before because I was lazy and didnt want to put the effort in to lose weight and it made me CRANKY! jitters all the time and angry at the world from the minute I woke up in the morning, no joke. The day I stopped I felt GREAT. I regret every minute I wasted on those things.

Besides ALL the health risks, in the end I think they are just expensive caffeine pills, green tea and coffee have the same affect and are much cheaper. If you eat well and exercise I don't think you need them. Good luck :smile:
  • bryn10
    bryn10 Posts: 44
    Options
    I would stay away from it. I did it once under the advice of a friend. I did it for just a couple of weeks and yes some weight came off, but at the expense of my health. I felt awful...jittery, nauseous, headaches...all for a little weight loss. I will never make that mistake again because I've always wondered if just those few weeks did any long-term damage and that would be devastating. I completely agree that slow and steady life changes are the absolute BEST way to lose weight. Just do your best to be healthful and find the balance that works for you and change will happen :)
  • srs88
    srs88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just buy yourself some caffeine pills, save a ton of money and it will provide the same energy without whatever else is in the proprietary blend.
  • kdzi
    kdzi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If there was a magic pill, very few people would still be obese.
  • drkangelluv
    Options
    Wow never knew there could be so many issues with it..but thanks for the knowledge I think ill stay away from the diet pill section
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Wow never knew there could be so many issues with it..but thanks for the knowledge I think ill stay away from the diet pill section

That is a very wise choice. :flowerforyou:
  • tierre1
    tierre1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tried them and every now and then when I need a boost I still take them. They will give you a jump start. But what I learned is that certain vegetables also give me a jump start such as peppers (red, yellow, green)
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Nay on this one!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Just buy yourself some caffeine pills, save a ton of money and it will provide the same energy without whatever else is in the proprietary blend.

Agree on this. I love the energy, so I have tried some of these different pills (a friend of mine works at GNC and gives me samples of stuff from time to time) They dont make me jittery or anything really, I have no health issues though. But if its me BUYING something, I just get a cheap caffiene pill, or my fav thing to do is have strong coffee mixed with protein powder prior to a workout. Gives me the kick in the butt I need to get in there and work my hardest, which is all those expensive pills really do anyway! And as someone else said, I did once take them for about 30 days and when I stopped I WAS REALLY REALLY REALLY MEAN!! For like a week I was the biggest ***** EVER!