Having a hard time going back toooooo.....

Options
Being a Pescatarian.

Veggie with fish....

I love it, have tons of recipes and want to do it again.

Why am I haveing a hard time getting off the meat trip?? I have a hard time digesting it anyway and sometimes have to take a stool softner to pass it out.

Whan I was pushing 300 years ago, I did not have a problem with it.

But now, I have slid on the lazy path of popping a steak or pork on the grill or burgers and dogs, or a pot roast.....

Get the gist???

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Being a Pescatarian.

Veggie with fish....

Why am I haveing a hard time getting off the meat trip?? I have a hard time digesting it anyway and sometimes have to take a stool softner to pass it out.

But now, I have slid on the lazy path of popping a steak or pork on the grill or burgers and dogs, or a pot roast.....

Get the gist???
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    I couldn't do it, I love my meat too much.

uhh,,,,,,:blushing:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I used to eat as a vegan. no wheat, no meat, only fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and water. Now I dont though... I dont think I could go back to that. When I was doing that.. I rather not eat then eat some fruit hahaha Now I mostly eat fruits, veggies, fish and chicken. I eat red meat once in a while.. I dont like hotdogs or hamburger so I dont have that prob...

maybe just eat it once in a while instead of cutting it right out. That may help.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I just bought a George Foreman grill to help me eat more fish. I hated cooking just a small piece in the oven because I like it fresh... not warmed up. so I bought one of those grills and I am in heaven. Cooks it fast too!! There are tons of recipes for his grill too.
  • PixieDust2828
    Options
    I'm a pescetarian too! My reason is more because I'm an animal lover though. Just watch the videos of animal cruelty on PETA, that'll make you not wanna eat meat ever again. Of course another perk that came with it for me was I lost like 10 pounds.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I just bought a George Foreman grill to help me eat more fish. I hated cooking just a small piece in the oven because I like it fresh... not warmed up. so I bought one of those grills and I am in heaven. Cooks it fast too!! There are tons of recipes for his grill too.

Fish is my favorite meat. Dad always catches fish and give me some. I could eat it hot or cold as long as its cooked hahaha
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Posts: 71
    Options
    Being a Pescatarian.

Veggie with fish....

Get the gist???

Have you tried doing veggie burgers, or turkey/chicken burgers? I have to admit I really enjoy them. It cuts down on the red meats and I think they actually tastes better. :laugh:
    I do still occasionally enjoy a steak. :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your body is telling you something? It is not ready to eliminate that food yet, so in your attempt to cut out the meat be sure you are eating adequate amounts of the nutrients/vitamins/minerals contained in meat to reassure you body that it is getting what it needs from other sources.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I worked in the fisheries when I was a teenager...all of the best catch goes to the fancy restaurants...the only place to buy good fish around here is at the fresh fish counter at the fancy restaurant and it is way over priced...I can get good farmed Salmon at my grocery...my favorites, cod, sole and red snapper are hard to come by fresh and afordable...one of my other favorites is bar b qued tuna!

I can't kill or even kill fish...I would be a total vegitarian if I had to provide for myself.

Thanks for this post...I'm in the mood for Fish!

ps...can't eat catfish...my brother and his buddies used to skin them alive.
  • elliott062907
    Options
    I eat a ton of veggie burgers and I buy ground chicken and turkey too....

I still have a hard time with the digestion as well.

I do love the Asian burgers though
  • elliott062907
    Options
    Also, thank you all

I love animals too, I grew up on a farm and never really knew where all that meat came from in the spring and fall...

That gives me another reason to go back....

Hummm, who's of thought....