My second day here.

Options
Hi everyone. I too am new to this. When I went to the doctors for my physical I was 167 pounds, 30 pounds over weight, so a friend told me about this, I started it. I think it is helping. However, some of the measurements are not good. Like rice, it only gives you a cup of rice, well, what if you only had 1/2 or 1/3 of a cup, that isn't in there, so calories really don't add up correctly, I just have to figure I will minus some. I want to lose weight to get off the blood pressure meds and to stop smoking. I need to lose 30 pounds to do so. I live on the beach so I can walk about an hour or more a night, no problem, that burns calories, I'm limited to 1200 calories, however, I get extra for exercising. I do not take the extra calories (eat additionally). I bought a scale, for the first time, got on it and my weight was 161. Did I really lose 6 pounds in two days? Don't think so. So now I have to start with what my scale indicates and go from there. I just wish the calorie counter was better. I will eat strawberries for a snack, but I wont have a cup of half strawberries, maybe a 1/2 and that's it. My oldest daughter will be home in July for a month, she lives in California, going to College. My goal is to be down by 20 pound for her visit. I hope I can do it. I live alone and not many friends to encourage me. I hope you all can help. There are days when I really don't want to do the walk and just relax with a cocktail. I have a stressful job. Thank you for welcoming me.

Replies

• danglarity
    danglarity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try changing the measurement in the serving size box from 1 to .25, .33, .50, .75 or whatever portion of that cup you actually ate. I do it all the time.
  • Emmadivens
    Options
    Thank you. I didn't know you can do that. Like I said, I'm just starting out and still working my way around all this.
  • Emmadivens
    Options
    I'm still not even sure how to post where everyone can see what I post.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Well you now have a bunch of friends who can encourage you as you lose those 20 lbs. :smile: Totally understand having a stressful job. Stick around. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much help you can get from the people here. As far as posting so people can see things, you can open up your food diary for folks to review and you can post on your home page.
  • Emmadivens
    Options
    Thank you Iggyboo. Do you know how to change you weight. I need to start with what my scale indicates and not my doctors since I have to weight myself on that once a week. I do not believe I lost 6 pounds in two days. So in order for me to really keep track I need to use my scales weight.
  • SOCKMONKEYBOBO
    SOCKMONKEYBOBO Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Go to "my home'
    click on "weigh in"
    enter your weight
    save

simple as that

:)