How did you get over a plateau?

Options
I am really struggling with my weight! The first 115 came off really easy and now staying at the same weight and really struggling to take off the last 20-30 pounds. Please help!

Replies

• Conscious1y
    Options
    I'm also hitting a plateau as well, after over 20lbs gone.

I'm trying a refeed this sunday, in lieu of a cheat day, or anything else that could get me into trouble lol. Google 'Refeed guide' and you should get plenty of hits as to what it is, and how it works. Essentially it seems to give your metabolism a boot in the *kitten* every week or so.

Good luck!
  • roxy415
    roxy415 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    same here!! i dropped 100-105 --- and have had no problem maintaining but i have never hit my goal!! only 20lbs to go... but its been a long time since ive lost any weight!!
  • onehottmama75
    onehottmama75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One thing that my trainer told me is that "routine" is your enemy. Variation is key. Change up your exercises and shock your body into something different. Maybe that's all your needing. Just a jump-start again. Also ... try doing more anaerobic exercises instead of just aerobic ones like, walking, jogging, ellipitcal, etc. She also told me that a 15-20 anaerobic workout far surpasses an hour to an hour and a half aerobic work out. Hope this helps!!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling with my weight! The first 115 came off really easy and now staying at the same weight and really struggling to take off the last 20-30 pounds. Please help!

Are you lifting weights? That will take your measurements down, even if it doesn't take your weight down. But it will likely take your weight down too if you have that much to lose.
  • lknockstead
    lknockstead Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I lift weights, tried mixing things up, tried eating bad foods, tried eating more, tried eating less, took a week off from exercise.....I did like everything!
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I lift weights, tried mixing things up, tried eating bad foods, tried eating more, tried eating less, took a week off from exercise.....I did like everything!

Have you tried drinking non-fluoridated water? I'm serious. Fluoridated water, if you drink a lot of water, can do enough damage to your thyroid function to stop your weight loss. You could try getting an iodine supplement and see if that helps (sometimes it aggravates acne though). One of the problems with fluoride is that it fills the receptor sites for iodine.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump. having the SAME problem, completely and overly frustrated.
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at about a 50 lb loss for months.
    I broke it when I started on the TDEE-20 (IPOARM) method and did INSANITY.
    I've dropped another 27 lbs since, but it didn't start coming off right away. It took a few weeks to adapt.

Good luck to all of you
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    In my case, since I reached a loss of 110 pounds, it is harder and it still drops but sooo slowly... I exercise more, don't do weights (yet) and keep going with the diet and the diary. I believe that if you do everything correctly, it will eventually work.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump