New on here and i need some motivated friends!:)

Options
I had no idea these forums exsisted, so, I am so glad I found a way to meet more people here! I am 22 years old, 5'3 and at my highest weight of 203 pounds. This has really damaged my confidence and I am so ready to make LIFE changes.I'm already on cholesterol medicine, and I'm afraid that if I don't change my life now, I will end up developing serious medical problems in the long run.. I have been using this app for a week now and have been definitely more aware of my portions and excersizing, and I could really use more friends to help motivate me:). I also love motivating others. We are all in this together:)! Please add!

Thanks!:)

Replies

• britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Also, I am trying to lose 70 LBs, so any motivated people trying to lose 50 and up would be awesome!!!! But anyone else would be great too :) ready to become a success story!
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
    I like your picture.
    Congrats on the three pounds.
    *runs out of things to say*
  • Ashleigh0124
    Options
    ^ Best weight tracker pic ever!
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome here. Friend requests always welcome.

I know you can do this.

Not running out of things to say, just time (I am at work :laugh: )
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! Welcome to MFP! :) I'm not new, but recently rededicated to this journey and getting healthy. I'm 26 and need to seriously make some changes to have the life that I want. I'm trying to log every day and do my best to comment when I can. If you'd like another friend feel free to add me!
  • Feel free to add me <3 I have over 100 to go, so I will definitely be here a good, long time!
  • britttttx3
    Options
    Hahaha thanks!!!! And I like that cat tooo lolol! :) I will add you guys XD
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    5 foot 3
    24 years, soon to be 25 on Saturday!
    Looking to lose 40 lbs ish depending on how I look LOL
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Also, I am trying to lose 70 LBs, so any motivated people trying to lose 50 and up would be awesome!!!! But anyone else would be great too :) ready to become a success story!

I wanna loose over a hundred pounds so i think i fit in here as well, but you already added me. so good luck! and i look forward to helping motivate you!!! :)
  • Veronicathebeautiful
    Options
    Pretty much in the same situation as you are, feel free to add me.
  • jamielinderart135
    jamielinderart135 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl - you're doing the right thing :) Be proactive!! My sister in law is helping to motivate me; and she's tough. I'd be glad to share some of that knowledge - I still have 70+ pounds to go!

40269437.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have 60 to lose! MFP has been great and so have the supportive friends on here, anyone feel free to add me! We got this!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp!! I'm 22 as well. I started off with about 80 lbs that I wanted to lose, and I'm about halfway into that. Feel free to add me if you'd like. :-)
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi, I am 24. A Friend request has been sent. I am on here to keep motivated and give encouragement because I have struggled so much with my weight and only now for the first time in my adult life have I ever been able to be under 200 lbs and so close to reaching my goal weight of 150lbs. I am 5ft 8 and currently weigh 167. I have to continue this lifestyle for ever if I don't want to go back.
  • bdkglk
    bdkglk Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also new here and in need of friends. At first I was afraid to reach out but I realize I need to have a support group behind me because I have a terrible time staying motivated for the long run. I start out good but then get discouraged easily. I lost 42 lbs in 2002 and have kept most of it off. I gained 12 lbs back and knew it was time to do something or it would ALL come back. This is easier to do than it seems. I have only been on this one week but am not bored. I seem to be more motivated each day. My first advice would be to set a small goal for your weight loss that you can attain and then work from there with newer goals each time. Looking at a small goal rather than the big loss seems to work better for me. Maybe it will help you to stay motivated too. We are cheering for you!!
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    you can add me
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am a leg. Don't mind me
  • qswilliams
    Options
    I am 51 and need to lose 50 lbs. Being fat made me a type 2 diabetic, I take cholesterol meds, and HBP meds. Time for a change. I have been doing cardio for the past 3 weeks and I have been able to cut down on the diabetic meds and hope to get rid of them altogether in a few months along with everything else. Sad thing is I am retired military so I should be in much better shape that I am. It is easy to get fat and lazy. Sometimes I don't want to work out or I want to cheat on meals but I am trying not to. I am down 6 lbs since starting. The weight took time to put on so it will take time to come off. A little at a time is what it takes.
  • l4dyh3x
    l4dyh3x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am turning 25 in May and I am trying to get back down to a healthy weight. I started out being skinny for most of my life but things happen and now I'm trying to get back to normal! I've been using this for awhile and have managed to loose 20 pounds because my school was holding a contest. Now that it's over my motivation is a little down so please add me! ^-^ My goal is to at least get down to 140 before the end of May!!! Right now my weight has hit a plateau!
  • britttttx3
    Options
    Wow you guys rock! XD. At first I thought you could only add people via facebook and contacts hahaha. I love hearing success stories too. Congrats to those of you who lost so much so far and good luck to everyone on their journeyy:) I added everyone.anyone else feel free to add mee:)