Shoes for women with very wide feet.

Options
My feet are 4 inches across. I find it difficult to find decent shoes at all much less any under 100 bucks. Anyone have any advice for shoes to workout in? I do aerobics and lifting and just started C25k as well.

Replies

• deanna200284
    deanna200284 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    New Balance has one of the better selections of wide shoes out there. Don't forget to check the men's shoes out if you don't have luck with women's shoes.
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    deanna said what I was going to say. New balance has the only wide women's shoes I have ever seen (and believe me, I've looked.) I usually end up in men's shoes because I hate the way new balance shoes look, but that is a personal preference.
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If you costumise your own Nike shoe you can get extreme wide, but they are very expensive. New Balance is your best bet and also fairly good quality and price :)
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I wear wide plus I have orthotics that I have to wear as well for tendonitis in my foot. New Balance are okay in an emergency - but they make my feet sweat too much. I have wear either Aasiacs or Brooks. They are right around the $100 price and quite often my local store won't have them so I have to go online. I used to buy them at ****s Sporting Goods but they rarely carry them anymore so no I buy them at Finishline Sports & I signed up for a "shoppers card" so now they send me $20 coupons all the time so that brings the price down to $80. I have to pay the higher price for shoes but to avoid the foot pain & be able to keep working out as I want it's worth it to me. Gone are my days of $20 sneakers!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I have some wide Asics. In the men's they do EEE fit. I think they're great trainers. You'd probably need the men's, but a lot of the men's are unisex in appearance!

Zara x
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone for the responses and advice :)
  • dncyng
    dncyng Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do sketcher delights they have really wide toe area and they're super comfy and light and cushioned. Famous footwear carries them for between 60 and 80 bucks.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with Saucony, new balance, and brooks.. all in wide. Naturally I'm sized as a 7.5WW, but when I buy athletic sneakers I'm an 8w. I have very few shoes because I refuse to buy them unless they fit correctly. I personally have two stores that I like to get my shoes... one is in Wisconsin (I live in Oregon), and the other is actually w/in 20 min of my house. The first has such a huge quantity of shoes in all sizes that I can almost always find what I need there. It is so worth the drive from my parent's house when I make the visit... and trying to find room for the 9 extra pairs of shoes in my luggage.
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I like Asics because my feet feel the best in their cushy soles. Saucony and New balance also have wide widths.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, have same problem , really need good ones otherwise you just ahve pain. I got a pair of Brooks, as they are good for wide fits, they are so awesome, but cost a bit, got them properly fitted and would always do that now, well worth it, as i got some nike as looked pretty and way to narrow and big waste of money.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Asics and new balance...I prefer asics... they are perfect for a wide toe box.
  • TehNoms
    TehNoms Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for quite a bit now. I have been to several stores and have tried on several wide and several "wide" shoes. I have learned that with my bigfoot feet, that I need to shop in the mens section. Womens just are not wide enough. I tried on some Nike shoes that were in mens that were a 2E and they were perfect width wise. I was told by a woman that works at the Nike store that a mens shoe is basically a womens wide. I think it depends on the shoe. Skechers (only in my opinion) are just not as comfortable or as well made as they used to be. New Balance isnt too bad, just make sure if you are super wide to go with mens, I dont find their wides in womens to be wide enough. I have a preference for Fila shoes but I dont see them much anymore. I have a pair of those currently and I do my 5ks in those. They need replaced though. So I have some Saucony shoes on the way. Going to give them a try. Oh! (I know this is coming off very scatterbrained, sorry!) Another good reason to shop in mens? The colors dont suck so bad. The thing I have noticed is that most womens wide shoes are stark white. And Im more of a colorful kind of person.

Good luck! And if you find something good, let me know.
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I think I will take a try at men's shoes and see how it goes.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My MiL had that problem, and she was recommended to get Brooks. I'm pretty sure she likes them. (I love my Brooks, as well, but I don't have mine for a wide foot reason. Just because I like them.)