Trying to lose weight... nutella vs peanut butter??

Options
13»

Replies

• TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Co. makes an awesome dark chocolate PB. More protein and about half the sugar of Nutella.
  • l4dyh3x
    l4dyh3x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Natural low sodium peanut butter. Nutella is high in sugar and has milk fat in it. Peanut butter is the best way to go, as long as you get the kind without high fructose corn syrup. (It causes fat).
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    The first ingredient in Nutella is sugar. Not entirely productive from either a satiation or a calorie effectiveness standpoint.
  • trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    PB all the way... but be careful some pb brands have a lot of sugar too try to go for natural ones
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Nutella is so falsely advertised about that you can actually apply for refunds for it because of it!!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Co. White Chocolate Wonderful and Dark Chcolate Dreams. Natural peanut butter and super good taste. Nutella is crap (but tastes soooooo good).

Love the dark chocolate dreams! eat it with a spoon out of the jar.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If the OP is having a hard time eating 1,000 calories a day, recommending a low cal option like PB2 is not going to cut it. He needs to eat real peanut butter.
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i buy chocolate peanut butter - super tasty
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Co. White Chocolate Wonderful and Dark Chcolate Dreams. Natural peanut butter and super good taste. Nutella is crap (but tastes soooooo good).

Love the dark chocolate dreams! eat it with a spoon out of the jar.

that's the one I get! so delicious and I mix it into greek yogurt
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Nutella is good on occasion, but go for the peanut butter.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Sunbutter? OMG, it's soooo good!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Always peanut butter. Nutella is full of sugar

agreed, sort of. i was able to cut the sugar in half when i made nutella from scratch. i prefer mine to the store brand. the next time i make it, i'll try to cut the sugar in half again, just as an experiment.
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have to admit both are fabulous but completely full of fat!!! Try PB2 if you must have this craving, otherwise find something else to fit this need.

The '80s are over...fat doesn't make you fat. Your body needs fat...peanut butter has a lot of good, heart healthy fats that actually protect you against heart disease. Nutella is just a ton of added sugar...I always find it ironic that people are so wary of fruit and the sugar in fruit on this site...but Nutella seems to be an MFP favorite food.
    I agree with you 100% as natural is better. I only buy natural peanut butter and if I am craving orange juice I will eat an orange before drinking a glass of orange juice.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    i say nutella!!!! it is delicious and you shouldn't give up the things you enjoy especially since you need more calories. nutella all the way! :)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Both. Always both.
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    I'm addicted to peanut butter. I eat it like 3 times a day
  • InstantKarma24
    InstantKarma24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try Almond Butter... It's really pretty damn good on apples, and has some serious vitamin/mineral benefits... a bit higher in calories, which you were looking for...