So frustrated....hamburgers EVERYWHERE!

Options
2»

Replies

• marybethbeech
    Options
    Go to Red Robin and split the burger with your boyfriend!!!! :) And love every minute of it! You can hit the gym if you need some extra calories :)

I agree. Anybody who wants something as bad as you want that hamburger should have one!

One hamburger every once in awhile won't hurt you too bad. I had a hamburger last night, but I ordered it on a wheat bun, then as soon as they brought it to me I cut it in half and only ate one part of it. I didn't order fries, but my FH let me steal a few of his so it was enough to satisfy the craving.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions for an overbearing sweet tooth for milkshakes, Booster Juice and Moo-lates (DQ)?

I do a starbucks mocha frappacino light once a week. They have changed the way they make them for you (FINALLY!) I can have a grande for 160 calories. Its well worth it to me. They don't use artificial sweeteners, they just use less sugar and syrup. Just make sure you order it light and no whip cream.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Make a hamburger & fries at home. I do it all the time. Use 96% lean ground beef and spritz your fries with olive oil and bake in the oven (I LOVE sweet potato fries). Very simple, very yummy, and not bad very bad for you at all. :smile:

93/7 makes a decent burger a lot of times 96 is so dry, and its a lot more expensive too.

It's really not much more expensive -- just ask your wife, I LOVE a bargain! :laugh: I buy the 2.25# containers at almart and it's $3.58/pound that way. Use minced onions & worcestershire sauce in your 96% lean and don't overcook it and you'll have awesomely delicious juicy burgers. :wink:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    We have hamburgers a couple times a month at least. :) I use 90/10 or 93/7 lean ground beef (whichever my budget will allow) and whole wheat buns. Whether or not I add cheese depends on what I've eaten the rest of the day. Load up with veggies, watch the condiments, and serve with oven baked fries or sweet potato fries. :) We are having turkey burgers tonight -- with cheese and avocado. Yum! :)

I will say that Red Robin is not so healthy... but I've been craving it too! I need to figure out a good option to eat there. :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions for an overbearing sweet tooth for milkshakes, Booster Juice and Moo-lates (DQ)?

I do a starbucks mocha frappacino light once a week. They have changed the way they make them for you (FINALLY!) I can have a grande for 160 calories. Its well worth it to me. They don't use artificial sweeteners, they just use less sugar and syrup. Just make sure you order it light and no whip cream.

I have a frap machine I bought to make them at home.. I can make a large one for about 100 cals and it costs about 20 cents to make :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Make a hamburger & fries at home. I do it all the time. Use 96% lean ground beef and spritz your fries with olive oil and bake in the oven (I LOVE sweet potato fries). Very simple, very yummy, and not bad very bad for you at all. :smile:

93/7 makes a decent burger a lot of times 96 is so dry, and its a lot more expensive too.

It's really not much more expensive -- just ask your wife, I LOVE a bargain! :laugh: I buy the 2.25# containers at almart and it's $3.58/pound that way. Use minced onions & worcestershire sauce in your 96% lean and don't overcook it and you'll have awesomely delicious juicy burgers. :wink:

We both do the shopping (I do all the cooking) and at Kroger at least there is quite a difference between 93 and 96% lean (they dont sell the large containers like walmart (I hate grocery shopping there btw :) ) beef. I usually make my burgers on the grill usally with liquid smoke and some garlic powder, makes a cooked 4oz patty 170 cals, and we use lettuce wraps now instead of buns so its that much better
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    We both do the shopping (I do all the cooking) and at Kroger at least there is quite a difference between 93 and 96% lean (they dont sell the large containers like walmart (I hate grocery shopping there btw :) ) beef. I usually make my burgers on the grill usally with liquid smoke and some garlic powder, makes a cooked 4oz patty 170 cals, and we use lettuce wraps now instead of buns so its that much better

You're right though, the 96% lean is MUCH more expensive at every other grocery store. I also hate shopping at Walmart but I always grab a container of 96% lean beef there because it's *so* much cheaper there than everywhere else. I'm one of the very rare people who can run through Walmart with no cart and pick up just a couple of things and walk out having spent less than $10. :laugh: Otherwise, I do the majority of my grocery shopping at Kroger & Publix hittin' up weekly sales.
    (oh and I said ask your wife because she hears (reads) me talk (type) about being excited to buy stuff for cheap all the time :laugh:)

Sorry to hijack the thread, OP. :embarassed:
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    If full you dont need to eat anything; however, if you choose a hamburger, have a hamburger....people look at me crazy but what I have started doing, when i crave burgers, is I bring my own 100 calorie orowheat thin bun and i take the hamburger and put it in my bread which reduces calories a bit....i dont keep myself from eating foods i like, i just decrease the portion and instead of fries, sub with sun chips or baked chips etc.
  • Nethurynn
    Nethurynn Posts: 7
    Options
    Where do you get said machine??? lol