Laughing cow

Options

Replies

• GildedLily08
    GildedLily08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love cheese too and from time to time I have a very small portion. But sometimes as a cheese substitute I also eat Laughing Cow. I spread it on Corn Thins and add a scrambled egg on top. Or halved cherry tomatoes. I esp. like the Chipolte Laughing Cow which gives it some zip. It's not Gruyere ! but at least it's an option. I'll also try the Baby Bel that was suggested.

Speaking of bread...well sort of... here are two that I've found:
    1) Multi-Grain CORN THINS by Real Foods (they are fab, good substitute for bread, eat as open faced "sandwich" or as a cracker. Yummy with Trader Joe's Mediterranean hummus)
    2) Ezekiel Multi -Grain bread. With tons of good stuff for your health. Low cal. Makes nice toast too.

:-)
  • slamina
    slamina Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Personally I love both though haha. I just eat the triangles or the mini babybel rounds by themselves :)

Also love them on their own as a sneaky, steal something from the fridge snack without throwing my calorie count out the window :wink:
  • massey1135
    massey1135 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use is on everything. One recipe I tried the other night was
    1 lb lean beef cooked with onions and diced pickles
    added 4 laughing cow chipolte and stired until spread through out the meat mix
    put a 1/2 cup of the mix on a flat out wrap, added some shredded lettuce, folded the wrap around the meat mix and browned in a skillet
    This made 5 burrito type wraps and they were great
    Next time, I am going to try ground chicken instead of the beef
  • JVCB
    JVCB Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Although I'm not crazy about the original "Swiss" flavor Laughing Cow wedges, the Garlic and Herb ones are yummy, especially when melted on a spinach and mushroom omelette...
  • suthrnrose
    suthrnrose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that so many people do not like them. I love them! They do melt pretty well in things and add a great boost of flavor. I also love them just spread on crackers or with pretzel crisps. The white cheddar ones are my favorite ones so far. They have a new cream cheese version that I want to try soon because I love cream cheese. I love the Baby Bel cheeses, as well. You can also use other cheeses besides cheddar that are lower in fat like mozzarella, parmesan, and provolone. I also use a lot of the 2% milk cheeses to lower the fat and still get the yummy cheese flavor.
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am a cheese-a-holic. I love strong flavored cheeses such as goat, feta, etc. I do like the Laughing Cow stuff, but would never classify it as a cheese. My favorite is the light french onion. I loved it on thin bagels and the light swiss is really good for adding a "creamy" texture to some dishes. I also like the chipotle one with a few multi-grain tostidos as a snack.
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I spread mine on cucumber slices... so tasty and guilt-free
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love the Laughing Cow. But they don't melt well. I just eat them on crackers or a bagel.
  • happy0349
    happy0349 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing the link to Burlap Bag.
    The cookies look delicious!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I gave up cheese this go round because it's such a vice for me. I LOVE it.

I do buy shredded skim mozzarella, skim mexican shredded, and skim mild cheddar, shredded.

I use 2-3 T. on an omelet, soft taco, or Tortilla pizza. Hits the spot for me and doesn't throw me over. It's not the main ingredient, so I tend to not crave "more". We also observe Pizza Night on Friday, so that gets me a 1-2 slice kick. Good luck!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Choose quality over quantity.

This.
  • apothecarist
    Options
    I love laughing cow cheese---eat one wedge every day as a snack. I need help w/portion control so these little triangles are just right for me. Especially love the garlic flavor.
  • junnieann
    junnieann Posts: 9
    Options
    I love laughing cow. And I tried 1 pt Weight Watchers jalapeno which is great on La Banderita Tostadas which are 1 pt each so for 2 pt. makes a great snack. I some time have 2 Tostadas.
    Happy Friday to everyone.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    If you are near a Lidl at all I would highly recommend the Linessa reduced fat cheeses. The soft cheese spread is not too flavourful and low in calories. They do a pre-grated mixed cheese which again isn't very strong flavoured but will melt a little.

Those Germans have it sorted in the diet food world!
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Choose quality over quantity.

I agree with this. I adore cheese, and it would make me too miserable to either go without or eat a lot of the heavily processed cheeses. 30g of Mature English Cheddar or Blue Stilton goes a surprisingly long way for most things.

I wouldn't bother with Laughing Cow if you don't like it- make room in your calorie budget for cheese you love.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow with blue.

On seeded ryvitas.

Yum!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I use the laughing cow as the cheese on my sandwiches, and love it!!!!

The babybell cheese is amazing too, that is what I eat with crackers, or on it's own :laugh:
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have been eating in in corn tortillas, and like it with red bell peppers. I have some aged gouda in my fridge calling to me I think I might prefer that to *gasp* chocolate.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just discovered today that Laughing Cow has a cream cheese triangle line too. I picked up the plain and garden vegetable. They also had cinnamon and another that I can't remember.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    they are gross! I need good cheese. I am from wisconsin, I want manchego dammit! lol