Sweet Potato Protein Pancakes

Options
xiamjackie
xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
Posted this on my wall but for everyone who is not my friend on here:

Okay, for everyone who wanted the Sweet Potato Protein Pancake recipe that I tried for the first time last night and it BLEW MY MIND, here it is (and it's not mine, fyi. I got it off of @fitfreakgeek on Instagram, she's fantastic!)-
1/4c rolled oats
1/4c baked sweet potato
1/2c egg whites
dash of almond milk
1 scoop vanilla sunwarrior protein powder (if using whey protein powder like I do, use 1/2 scoop and add 2 tbsp coconut flour or oat flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp maple extract (I didn't have this so I improvised and added butter nut extract).

How to: blend everything except the protein powder and almond milk. Mix in protein powder with spoon. Add a splash of almond milk. The batter should be thick but not too thick you can't pour. If you add all the ingredients together in the blender from the start sometimes it gets too runny. Then just cook like pancakes. I topped mine off with some PB2 mixed with a splash of almond milk to make it peanut butter-like. But they are AMAZING just plain! Enjoy! :)

Here is a picture: I am a terrible pancake flipper so mine don't look as nice but they were YUMMY. The bottom two pictures are mine. The top left is courtesy of @fitfreakgeek on Instagram

Macros (using 1/2 scoop pure protein vanilla, not including the PB2 I put on top)- 5g fat, 11g sugar, 48g carbs, 10g fiber, 37g protein

33crpc4.jpg

Replies