breast feeding and solids how many calls?

Options
hi does anyone know how many calories breast feeding an 11 month old baby would burn since he is on solids now too

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    There are various entries in the database. It's around 300 though.
  • GNarya
    GNarya Posts: 2
    Options
    I think it depends. If while exclusively breastfeeding an extra 500 cals worked for you, then 300 sound like a good number.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Can you gauge how many ounces he's drinking per day? A good rule of thumb is 20 calories per ounce. Of course that's going to vary from person to person but it's a good starting point if you're unsure, and then you can adjust it from there if you feel like it's not enough/too much.

Once my daughter got to 13 months old and was down to nursing just at night before bed (and the odd middle of the night wakeup), I stopped logging any calories for it at all. At that point I felt like anything I was producing wasn't much - a few ounces per day at most - and, to be honest, I didn't really care if my supply tanked because I'd be fine if she weaned herself, lol. Fortunately/unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), here we are 6 months later and despite a large calorie deficit we're still going strong with that one nursing session per day!