Color Run

Options
I took my kids and we all completed a 5K color run. It was the first 5k for all three of my kiddos. Granted, we walked most of it, and I had to carry my son piggy-back part of the way. I am so proud of them because, even one year ago, I could not have even imagined that we would WANT to run a 5K for FUN! Loving this healthy new (although it's not so new anymore) lifestyle. A huge ship can be turned around, even if it is by degrees at a time.

We had a blast, and I want to encourage all those single people who are raising kids to model a healthy lifestyle for them in all areas of your life. You will never regret it! =)

Replies

• HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    1318753hrho4qy6r8.gif

Great job! And what a fun way to spend some time together as a family!!!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    1318753hrho4qy6r8.gif

^^^^^^^^^^ second this!
  • RavenWolf1977
    RavenWolf1977 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! The kids and I did our first 5K this year. We ran half and walked half. It was an amazing feeling!

Congrats on your Color Run, and congrats on taking your kids!!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's great! I keep meaning to sign up for that and just keep forgetting. Thanks for the reminder!
  • flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I do one in 3 weeks and I can't wait!!
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Good job showing your kids that fitness is fun! :D
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Way to go! The Color Run is actually one of my biggest goals (September 2013, I can do this!). I was a single mom for 10 years and unfortunately, I didn't model good eating habits then, but my son was blessed with good genes and didn't suffer any of *my* consequences of unhealthy food choices.

Now that he's a junior in high school, he is watching me go through this journey and I know he's proud.
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    The Color Run was my first 5K and I loved it!! So fun!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Color Vibe run tomorrow with my godkids
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Taking your kids is a great idea. I actually suggested the same to the mother of the kids I nanny for as she wants to sign up and her younger twin (almost 7) loves to go for runs/walks.

I am working on signing up for this as my first 5k in August. :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Any advice for those of us about to do the Color Run? I was told to buy goggles. haha
  • muktyfitness
    muktyfitness Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Happy to know kids enjoyed it. me my 12 y/o signed up for color run this coming June, looking forward to it. Question: what did u do with cell phone car key etc when u run?
    I took my kids and we all completed a 5K color run. It was the first 5k for all three of my kiddos. Granted, we walked most of it, and I had to carry my son piggy-back part of the way. I am so proud of them because, even one year ago, I could not have even imagined that we would WANT to run a 5K for FUN! Loving this healthy new (although it's not so new anymore) lifestyle. A huge ship can be turned around, even if it is by degrees at a time.

We had a blast, and I want to encourage all those single people who are raising kids to model a healthy lifestyle for them in all areas of your life. You will never regret it! =)
  • midwesternwind
    midwesternwind Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My kids (17, 25 and 27) are going to do a Color Run/Walk in Indy in July. I can't wait. I know I will walk it all the way but least I am trying.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    did it cost for tots? or just adults? cuz 50bucks per adult is already spendy..
  • RacheUk82
    RacheUk82 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!

We don't have the color (or colour ;) ) run here in the UK and am so jealous as would love to take part!

Congratulations :)
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    did it cost for tots? or just adults? cuz 50bucks per adult is already spendy..

I think under 7 is free it said on the site.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Happy to know kids enjoyed it. me my 12 y/o signed up for color run this coming June, looking forward to it. Question: what did u do with cell phone car key etc when u run?

I did the color run last summer. I put my cellphone in a plastic ziploc bag and stuffed it in the front of my sports bra. with a t-shirt over I don't think anyone noticed. the car key could go in the same place. You want your phone to be covered anyway or it will get coated in color, especially during the color explosions at the end. have fun!
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options

I did the color run last summer. I put my cellphone in a plastic ziploc bag and stuffed it in the front of my sports bra. with a t-shirt over I don't think anyone noticed. the car key could go in the same place. You want your phone to be covered anyway or it will get coated in color, especially during the color explosions at the end. have fun!

I don't know how I put my response in quotes, but oh well.
  • VarnerChic
    VarnerChic Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Color Run is a great run to start off with because there are a ton of walkers. It is kind of pricey but my intent was to get the kids excited about fitness so it was worth the money, IMO. This is not the race to worry about breaking any records because it's probably not going to happen. =)

I had a friend come and they kept my personal belongings (keys, cell phone). It really wasn't that bad as far as the color. Stations are set up along the course and you run through and there are volunteers with squirt bottles that spray color on you.

It was a blast!