Did anyone start 30 Day Shred Today? (Monday, 4/22/13)

Options

Replies

• Shadowfax44
    Shadowfax44 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    {{pant}} just...finished...Level 1...Day 2... love it!...{{pant}}
  • ashme579
    ashme579 Posts: 21
    Options
    Okay, I just ordered 30 DS from Amazon..so I should get it by May 1st. Then, I'm for sure going to do it. I've seen some people post that they hadn't lost very much weight on this but that it went to muscle. This isn't going to bulk me up underneath my fat, is it??
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm did level 3 day 2 today. The workouts are killer at first...then they become easier. I can now do full military push ups after level 2. Add me if you like.
  • zzcharge
    zzcharge Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started 30ds for the first time on Monday. Skipped Tuesday...but completed it everyday since...usually in the am. I am also incorporating the principles of the 8 hour diet with it. So I have to eat all MFP calories between 10am -6pm. Today I woke up and I can see and feel the difference in how my scrubs fit. Much looser...especially the pants. Although the scale hasnt changed, I am loosing inches. Thats fine by me! This has encouraged me to keep going!
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    I started last Monday and only did 1 day! I can't do the darn jumping jacks! Does anyone else struggle?

I just finished day 2 of level 3... the jumping jacks and jump rope were difficult for me in the beginning during level 1 which made me feel awful because I felt so out of shape not being able to do a total of 2 minutes of jumping jacks/jump rope. But I will say if you stick to it... do as many as you can before you need to catch your breath then get right back into it... by the end of the 10 days you'll be able to get through more than you thought you could.

The jump rope part doesn't go away she uses double jump rope in all the levels, but I am able to get through it now at least for the full 30 seconds. Stick with it and your endurance will improve!
  • 20kb13
    Options
    Just started the shred tonight! Little confused with this level 1 , 2 amd 3 thing but I'll figure it out lol

10 days of level 1
    10 days of level 2
    10 days of level 3

each level has 3 circuits in it, so for the first 10 days you do the 3 circuits of level 1...
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 3 and I take a day or 2 a week off but I do each level 10x so it will take me a little longer then 30 days but I feel awesome! I wanna do it all over again once I'm done!! :love:
  • 20kb13
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

I finished day 5 last nigth and I think I worked hard as I was really sweating after. Happy I managed to compelte the push ups but my legs cramped up in the first set of skipping. Looking forward to upping to level 2 and pushing myself more...

level 2 will have you sweating way more then level 1 but I enjoyed level 2 a lot more.
  • StarrySkiesYvaine
    StarrySkiesYvaine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just got this dvd - I can't wait to get started, despite how difficult I've heard it is! (Feel the burn! ha ha)

Off to buy myself some weights tomorrow - I won't be doing 30DS every day as I dance for 2 hours every Friday (that's enough for one day!) and I know myself well enough to realise that if I overdo it too quickly I will get put off and give up - hope everyone who's doing this exercise plan at the moment is enjoying it and getting the results they want!

Is anyone following the meal plan in conjunction with the 30DS? I've taken a few recipes from it that sound good but it's limiting if you're a veggie - I do eat eggs though and got an email on her mailing list about how great they are - am trying to make them a consistent feature at breakfast.
  • Shadowfax44
    Options
    Okay, I just ordered 30 DS from Amazon..so I should get it by May 1st. Then, I'm for sure going to do it. I've seen some people post that they hadn't lost very much weight on this but that it went to muscle. This isn't going to bulk me up underneath my fat, is it??

No, it will just make it toned and strong. You'll love it! To bulk up you really have to work at it with serious weight training. I don't look like it now but in my 20s-30s I spend lots of time in the gym and I never got bulked up, just nice and toned.

You can find 30DS on youtube I think if you want to give it a try sooner. I bought mine as a download from amazon after watching it online to see if I would like it. It really is great for a 20-25 min workout.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Just started the shred tonight! Little confused with this level 1 , 2 amd 3 thing but I'll figure it out lol

10 days of level 1
    10 days of level 2
    10 days of level 3

each level has 3 circuits in it, so for the first 10 days you do the 3 circuits of level 1...

Ok thanks! I'm just doing the videos off youtube. Its easier for me to seclude myself in the basememt and bring my tablet down with me. So I'm guessing I DONT do the same workout from last night for ten days?
  • HudaSaman
    HudaSaman Posts: 46
    Options
    30 day shred , day 7 ... It's amazing. The scale is not telling a change, but clothes are .. and I'm so satisfied. It's a great workout. and I will keep working on it until I finish the 30 days. and I might redo it again and again..
  • chipmunk_87
    Options

10 days of level 1
    10 days of level 2
    10 days of level 3

Ok thanks! I'm just doing the videos off youtube. Its easier for me to seclude myself in the basememt and bring my tablet down with me. So I'm guessing I DONT do the same workout from last night for ten days?

Vanessa, actually you DO do the same workout every day for ten days (or ten workouts, if you take breaks). At least normally - some people do mix it up a bit. The normal way, though, is to do the Level 1 workout ten days in a row, then Level 2 ten days in a row, then Level 3.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options

10 days of level 1
    10 days of level 2
    10 days of level 3

Vanessa, actually you DO do the same workout every day for ten days (or ten workouts, if you take breaks). At least normally - some people do mix it up a bit. The normal way, though, is to do the Level 1 workout ten days in a row, then Level 2 ten days in a row, then Level 3.

Thanks! Now I hope I don't get lazy and give up!
  • brandileah111
    brandileah111 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 7 of Level 1! My endurance is so great compared to Monday. I'm a happy girl! :-)
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I totally agree... endurance is really going up! Don't see much movement in the scale, but happy with how much better I can do a lot of the moves.

What size weights are everyone using? I had been using 3 pounders, but just started to do the squats, rows and chest fly's with 5 pounders.
  • Shadowfax44
    Options
    Day 3 Level 1 today! I feel like endurance is going up too, already. I had to take off doing it on the weekend but will try to do all 5 days this week! I find that the first circuit (push ups!) is the hardest, and after I get through that one it gets better. very happy I'm doing it though.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm moving up to level 2 today after taking yesterday off for medical reasons. I don't have weights so been using bottles of water.

Think I'm gonna be hurting tomorrow!

Nyk
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I started on the 23rd. Yesterday I did Level 1 Day 7. I measured myself this morning. I've lost about 1.5 inches off my waist and another 1.5 inches off my stomach! It's working!!!! It's making for an exciting start to my morning! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • brandileah111
    brandileah111 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Got through Day 8 yesterday. I upped my weights. For the squat and press I'm using 5lb, for the lunge/curl, rows and chest fly, 8lbs. I cannot get past two lb dumbells on the shoulder raise side lunge squat things in circuit 3. They KILL my shoulders and neck. The legs never burn or hurt in this exercise, only my shoulders and neck. I keep thinking my form must be off, but I can't find anything wrong. Little frustrating!

I am sore this morning! It feels good! Day 9 tonight!