How do you deal with HeartBreak??

Options

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Lay on my back with tears dripping into my ears for a couple of days.
    Then get up and start cleaning things.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    This will sound ultra childish but I resort to video games, what better to take you out of reality and into something that you have more control over than a video game? Depending on the game I find it relaxing and it makes me feel better to feel more in control and to be doing something that I consider fun. I even use the kinect to play games so even when in the dumps it makes me get a little active.

I went through a ridiculously long breakup over the last year, initally neither of us wanted to end it but he was being an idiot and shutting me out instead of letting me help or support him while he was going through a tough time. I ended up being really upset after months of being placed on the back burner, well even being forgot about because he didn't feel like reeling me into it. We stopped talking for months, then suddenly started talking again during the winter just to have him pull the same dissappearing act without even the courtesy of an actual "lets not date and lets not be together in any way" being said. I was a mess last year, but what helped were the games and focusing on my home (family), my health and work.

I really hope you find a way to deal, it's never a pleasant thing to go though.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. When I'm upset I write a lot. I watch movies and cry when I need to. And chocolate seems to be my comfort food of choice, though I don't reccomend that. Prayer helps a lot. No matter what, keep going, one foot in front of the other as best you can. Try something new or change your routine a bit, and that may help. Good luck.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Some great advice here. Sorry that you have to go through this.

1.) definitely don't drink yourself into a stupor - you'll just wake up the next day with a hangover and less money in your pocket - problems are never solved with booze.
    2.) pick yourself up and dust yourself off.
    3.) don't stop what you are doing with the lifestyle change - you've lost 23 pounds - don't gain it back because of this.
    4.) stay clean meaning don't stop taking showers and keeping your appearance up - the next awesome babe in your life may be chased off by your bison musk odor.
    5.) you'll be ok.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    lift heavy **** and drink tequila :)
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    I definately read ALL (EVEN THE LONG ONES AND ESPECIALLY THE FUNNY ONES GLAD TO KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THINKING TO RUIN PROPERTY BUT I WONT) LMAO BUT I so appreciate everyone for this, you guys are totally making me feel better and I have to realize I need to do whats best for me...

What I want maynot be what I need! :ohwell: I appreciate every last one of you guys!
  • Deak2013
    Deak2013 Posts: 30
    Options
    I definately read ALL (EVEN THE LONG ONES AND ESPECIALLY THE FUNNY ONES GLAD TO KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THINKING TO RUIN PROPERTY BUT I WONT) LMAO BUT I so appreciate everyone for this, you guys are totally making me feel better and I have to realize I need to do whats best for me...

What I want maynot be what I need! :ohwell: I appreciate every last one of you guys!

*Brofist*

Nice one dude XD
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 288
    Options
    Oh yea also listen to this song

Weird Al - One more minute

http://youtu.be/yWhpk-8QLFQ
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Nothing took away my appetite like being dumped. I felt too ill to eat for weeks. It doesn't help when that person who broke up with you feels guilty and won't leave you the F alone so you can get on with your life, though. So if there's any of that going on, cut it out.

I funneled my pain into anger-fueled exercise.

This.......He would call "just to see how I was doing" Really? I was heart broken...........Getting him to stop calling and let me move on was huge. I spent a lot of time at the gym or walking. The look on his face when he saw me down almost 30 pounds and 3 sizes.........Priceless.
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oh yea also listen to this song

Weird Al - One more minute

http://youtu.be/yWhpk-8QLFQ

Blahahaha! most excellent
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Take the money you would have spent on the other person (or on food) and treat yourself to something nice.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with a different kind of heartache right now, and I wish I had the answer.

Today it's hitting me hard and I don't really feel like doing anything. I haven't eaten hardly all day. It's not good.

I've been just kind of waiting for it to go away but it's been months. Not always this low but the low periods keep coming back, you know?

No advice, but tons of sympathy. :flowerforyou:
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options

As far as heartbreak, I rationalize everything. If he/she/it were good for me, he/she/it would care about me and still want to be in a relationship with me. He/she/it no longer wants to be in a relationship with me, therefore he/she/it is no good for me. If he/she/it is no good for me, I do not want to be around him/her/it. I might be mildly annoyed that he/she/it beat me to terminating what was obviously an unproductive relationship, but I would feel like that was a failure on my part to correctly evaluate the relationship. And just like that, heartbreak disappears in a puff of logic, and I am left with only a small sense of intellectual inadequacy. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

The rational side of me likes this. It's good to remember all of these points. It's also good to remember that you don't HAVE to quit loving the person. You just have to quit expecting anything from them. And when you think of all the above made points, you probably can fall out of love with them fairly quickly.
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options

As far as heartbreak, I rationalize everything. If he/she/it were good for me, he/she/it would care about me and still want to be in a relationship with me. He/she/it no longer wants to be in a relationship with me, therefore he/she/it is no good for me. If he/she/it is no good for me, I do not want to be around him/her/it. I might be mildly annoyed that he/she/it beat me to terminating what was obviously an unproductive relationship, but I would feel like that was a failure on my part to correctly evaluate the relationship. And just like that, heartbreak disappears in a puff of logic, and I am left with only a small sense of intellectual inadequacy. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

The rational side of me likes this. It's good to remember all of these points. It's also good to remember that you don't HAVE to quit loving the person. You just have to quit expecting anything from them. And when you think of all the above made points, you probably can fall out of love with them fairly quickly.

First off, love your Fin and Jake ticker... Im gonna have to use that and yest, I love her quote and yours. My expectations were extremly high and they were there for a moment... But after awhile, I guess people think they dont have to try because your going to be there... When I complained it was like the perfect out... smh
  • Olguitabonita
    Olguitabonita Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Know that relationships aren't always meant to be permanent. People are brought into our lives and leave our lives and many times there's nothing we can do to prevent either. It took me a long time, but I finally realized that I needed to stop blaming myself for a breakup and that gorging was just another way I was punishing myself. I thought I was seeking comfort in food until I lost control of the situation and I became totally uncomfortable with the person I had become. I now know that a broken relationship isn't a judgment of me as a person. I'm strong, I'm good enough, and if someone else is no longer attracted to me, well, it is what it is. I thank God for all of the relationships I've had during my life (all 62 years of it), both good and bad. Each of them has taught me a lesson about myself and other people. Today, instead of grabbing that extra serving of pasta or ordering a medium pizza for one, I grab my little dog's lease and take really long walks that allow me to think about the situation, about why it didn't work or couldn't work, and before I know it, I notice something along the way that I've never noticed before.. Whatever you decide to do, know, above all else, that this too shall pass and you will find love again.
  • Olguitabonita
    Olguitabonita Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^ beautiful!
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Something you might want to consider is volunteering. Whether it be a soup kitchen, homes for humanity, etc. It's amazing what happens to your own heartache when you are caught up trying to help others who are hurting as well.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Put all your focus on what’s going to make you happy, healthy and feel good about yourself.
    This is coming from experience person. :flowerforyou:
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Write it down.. I used to think this was a hokey thing, but it truly helps to get all those thoughts out of your head and on paper or typed on your computer. Just let everything out, nobody else needs to see it, and you can throw it away or delete it once your done.This helped me tremendously during a devastating breakup. I couldn't sleep or concentrate because of all the thoughts and emotions swirling around in my head. I would get up and write it all out until I felt the feelings ease up. I would do this whenever I needed, and gradually life got better. Doing this helped me move on with my life, and I know it was great for my mental health.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Remember you are becoming a better you and eventually you will find a better someone. Focus on becoming the best version of yourself that you can be and the other pieces of life will flow to you without you having to do a lot of extra things to get what you think you want.