Eating Clean??

Options
Ok so i know eating clean means only things like veggies, fruits, and mats, can you please give me more insight, and recipses and meal examples of things you guys who eat clean actually eat... I wanna start with doing this for one week... then i'll go from there.. thanks so much

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I got the eating clean book from the library--there are several versions. Also check out this website for recipes and such... http://eatcleandiet.com/
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    My take on eating clean isn't just eating mostly fruits and veggies, but eating whole foods. Nothing processed, or at least minimally processed. Cook your own lean meats, don't get deli meat. Make you own soups, chili's, etc. Fresh beans, not canned. Make your own sauces from fresh ingredients. I think if an ingredient list is about 5 or less its clean as long as the ingredients aren't added sugars, preservatives or junk like that. I get Clean Eating magazine and love it. Go to their website and see if they are still giving out 1 free issue, that's how I checked it out and ended up getting a subscription.
    http://eatcleandiet.com/
    You can also check this site out for recipes.
  • blueanjel
    blueanjel Posts: 6
    Options
    My husband and I have started eating clean a month ago. To us it means buying more frozen and fresh veg instead of canned.. No more boxed meals. No more packaged maranades.We used to eat like this till I got pregto and 3 years later we are finaly going back. Making sauces instead of buing them. making condoments or finding all natural ones that expire quick. I have found my passion again in cooking just by creating. Oh and eating out as few times a possable. Some things some people cannot make, so just watch the ingreadiance and if at all possable buy local things, because they try to make them better. Well I know they do here in Portland Oregon. Read lables and dont buy what you cant pronounce. The internet has a recipy for everything.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said............

Books are good to read to get more familiar.

To me, this is what I strive for when eating clean, now I don't always eat perfect, but try to make the best choices when I am away from home.

Grass fed, farm raised meats, free range chicken and eggs that come from those chickens
    Local, organic fruits and veggies (or at least adhere to the dirty dozen when it comes to organics)
    Raw Dairy (milk, cream, yogurt, cheese, butter or at least get organic)
    Raw nuts
    Raw Honey, raw sugar

Make your own breads, condiments (ketchup, mayonnaise, bbq sauces, hot sauce), salad dressings, sauces, salsa,.........

There are very few things that need to be bought pre-made. The one thing on my list is mustard, LOL.

Strive to get hormone, antibiotic free meats, dairy and eggs...........

Make your own stuff, don't use pre-packaged or boxed foods.

I am taking my stuff a step further and have started making my own soaps, shampoos, moisturizers, cleaning supplies and I typically use soap nuts for my laundry.............

Even my dogs eat a raw, clean diet.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

Raw Dairy (milk, cream, yogurt, cheese, butter or at least get organic)

I have yet to try or research any info on raw milk, is it just not pasturized? Does it taste very different than non raw milk?