what is your dress code at work?

Options
peopletalk
peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
mine just changed... now i have to wear a blazer and black pants.
i feel so professional now. :embarassed:

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Professional for office/administrative staff and scrubs for clinical staff. I think a lot of people get professional and skank ho attire confused though!
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Professional for office/administrative staff and scrubs for clinical staff. I think a lot of people get professional and skank ho attire confused though!
    what exactly is skank ho attire?
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It's called "business casual" but the women I work with are young, hip and creative and that is expressed in their clothing.
    For example, the day I met my supervisor, she was wearing red pants, leopard print heels and a white blazer.
    It's pretty awesome. You can be edgy and chic in your choices. One place I worked at only allowed black & white clothing, when I left that job I threw out my black clothing and didn't wear any black for a year lol.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Jeans, boots, t-shirt and no shaving (well at least I don't shave LOL).
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Casual, and I love it! :happy:
    I wore jeans and a hoodie with flip flops the other day. (I work at a translation agency so our clients rarely see us). It's so much easier to focus on work when I'm comfortable.
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Slacks, dress shirt and occasional suit and tie.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Casual, and I love it! :happy:
    I wore jeans and a hoodie with flip flops the other day. (I work at a translation agency so our clients rarely see us). It's so much easier to focus on work when I'm comfortable.

That is awesome! I would love to wear sweats & flip flops to work, that would be so comfy!
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i work in television everything is casual :)
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    what exactly is skank ho attire?

Wearing clothes that belong at a club to work. The clothes themselves are just fine, but definitely not appropriate for work. If your skirt is only 2" past your butt, you should not be wearing it at work. It's less about the clothes and more about the time and place.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Slacks, dress shirt and occasional suit and tie.

Me too...jeans on Friday
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It is supposed to be business casual which means for us anything not trackpants or yoga pants but jeans and t-shirts are okay. I think we just get away with almost anything goes. On days bigwigs are coming by we get warned to "dress for success" and can't wear jeans and t-shirts.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Casual. Pretty much our only rules are no sweat pants/work out pants and if you wear flip flops then you must walk quietly in them.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Suit and tie and/or duty uniform.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Jeans, T-shirt, Steel toe boots, hard hat, safety vest.
  • angelrosado
    angelrosado Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i work in television everything is casual :)

Got to love entertainment companies...I'm at a music company and im currently in sneakers, jeans and a comfy shirt :-)
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    "business casual"... I wear heels most days, no open toe shoes, no tennis shoes, dress slacks, nice tops, blazers.
    Suits for days I meet clients.
    Fridays we are allowed to wear jeans because its our busy day and usually no one comes in the office.

I like it. It's way more relaxed than my last job, and there NO one saw you except fellow co-workers.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Business casual, with jeans on Fridays. I however love to dress up to go to work...makes some of my co-workers nervous! And my boss has asked more than once where I was going!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Pretty casual, jeans everyday with a button down shirt or polo. Nothing fancy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Clothing that is comfortable to move in. Bare feet, usually. Sometimes sneakers.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    We have a uniform.Slacks, vest and a white button-down.