Favorite workout dvd's?

Options
Hi MFP,

I'm in the market for some workout dvd's. Although I get my cardio in religiously, I do not lift or tone or anything else. I particularly want to focus on my inner thighs, abs, and arms. Do you have dvd's that you could recommend?

Replies

• LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love TurboJam or TurboFire with Chalene Johnson.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hands down for me it's Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, but that's a whole system and plan. My second choice would be JM's 30DS and it's inexpensive. I also have a Zumba DVD packet, but I'm not a fan at all.
  • phdiva12
    phdiva12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your quick reply- I've heard lots of good things about Jillian Michaels!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire. Uses your abs and arms a lot during the cardio, plus has some strength workouts targeting abs and upper or lower body. It's fun and burns a ton of calories. I've been doing DVDs for over 30 years and it's my favorites ever. I wear the weighted gloves designed for Turbo Fire and even though they are light, you can feel the difference by the end of the workout.

Really love Zumba too, and it's GREAT for abs, but not much arm work.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have to go with Jillian Michaels too, I love her 30 Day Shred, and you can find is on youtube for free, and I also like her Yoga Meltdown dvd. I really like the 30ds because it gets great results and it's only 20 minutes a day! It's an intense 20 minutes though :)
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones" and her "Ripped in 30" DVD's and definitely like both.

I do a ton of running, but am not very good about adding strength training in, so these really help! No More Trouble Zones seems a bit tougher to me, although I am only on level 1 of Ripped so far (and it gets harder). Trouble Zones is also longer (around an hour), where Ripped is about 30 minutes. So it just depends what you want to do. But I definitely recommend her DVD's!
  • blodk66
    blodk66 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Definitely, Jillian Michael's! I own numerous of her DVD's love them! Inexpensive too! :love:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Funcercize beginners workout with Sunshine as trainer. LOVE it. I got mine at Amazon. Have two sets of dumbbells, 5 and 8 lbs.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TurboFire. I have tried both the 30 Day Shred and TurboFire and personality wise I like Chalene much more than I like Jillian. Both are great workouts though and I would YouTube to check them out and see who you prefer more.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I love the Raviana yoga dvds... 'Fat Free Yoga: Lose Weight and Feel Great' and 'Yoga Beauty Body' are great places to start.

The other I keep coming back to are the Winsor Pilates dvds. The 'Ab Sculpting' and 'Bun & Thigh Sculpting' have made a huge difference for me.

I've been doing these four on and off for years and still enjoy doing them!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com has video clips & reviews of hundreds of workout DVDs. You get info on equipment required, fitness level, impact level, etc. Also try totalfitnessdvds.com

I really like Kelly Coffey Meyer 30 Minutes to Fitness series ...... each DVD has 2 thirty minute workouts plus premixes to keep it fresh. Lots of styles: weights, bootcamp, kickboxing, circuit training

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/kelly-coffey-meyer-exercise-videos-107

I'm liking this DVD right now: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-your-best-body-6107
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have the Jillian Michaels THE BIGGEST WINNER! How to win by losing-- this is a set of 5 DVDs. They should be relatively cheap, since the set is from 2005. These are great though, I pulled them out a month ago after storing them for 3 years and BOY, do they make me sore. They give a great workout in about 25min. They require light dumbbells and a step, but I do them without a step. I have lost only 4lbs in the last month, but definitely see a difference in my body as far as tone goes. My booty is a couple inches higher, so that's nice :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i just do videos from you tube and on demand