Dog Breed

Options
jonward85
jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/04/26/what-your-dogs-breed-says-about/?intcmp=features

I have a hound / pit mix...so i am emotionally stable. Everyone pony up. What does your breed say about you?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    7. Hounds (Beagles, Bassett Hounds, Greyhounds, and Dachshunds):
    Even if you ain’t nothing but a hound dog, good news: Hound dog owners are emotionally stable.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I have a dog in every category... lmao.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    chihuahua......... people who own toy dogs are more likely to be intelligent. They also earn high marks for being creative

cant find my weimaraner....... crazy? maybe?
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Gun dogs (Irish Setters, Golden Retrievers, and Spaniels): You and your pooch are happy watching a movie, taking a walk, and really just doing whatever the day dictates—it doesn’t get more agreeable than gun dog owners.

I have two goldens and a golden/lab mix.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    chihuahua......... people who own toy dogs are more likely to be intelligent. They also earn high marks for being creative

cant find my weimaraner....... crazy? maybe?

A weim is a gun dog.
  • jonward85
    Options

What breeds do you have?
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    a border collie shepherd husky mix and a corgi shepherd husky mix so I am comfortable in a crowd lol.
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm all over the place lol. I have an 8 year old female pitbull and a 6 month old Dogue Du Bordeaux.
    According to the article I am intelligent but emotionally unstable. Who knew???
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My girl is a mix of an Alaskan Malamute (Working Dog) and Treeing Walker Coonhound (Hound) - so apparently, I am agreeable, intelligent and emotionally stable. Hmmm....I know many people who would disagree with that statement!!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    The dog I grew up with (German shepherd) suggests I am a classic extrovert. False. Then again I did not pick her, but I loved her just the same.

My toy dog apparently suggests I am intelligent and more likely to be creative. I suppose it's true. Though I didn't pick my breed of dog (Chihuahua/Yorkie mix) randomly, we decided we'd get her because she has hypoallergenic fur, hardly sheds (if you brush her properly), has very few health problems that are likely, and has a good temperament, especially with small children.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

What breeds do you have?
    Bishon Frise/Maltese mix, German Shepherd/Black Lab mix (deceased), English Springer Spaniel (deceased), Cocker Spaniel/Skye Terrier mix, Blood Hound, and English Mastiff.

I clearly don't discriminate when it comes to dog breeds, lol!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Also, I will point out that Yorkies are listed under toy breeds, but they also fall into the terrier category.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    1. Toy dogs (Chihuahuas, Yorkies, Poodles, and Pugs): Though Chihuahua-toting Hollywood starlets may not be the first group you’d think of as being the sharpest crayons in the box, people who own toy dogs are more likely to be intelligent. They also earn high marks for being creative

5. Terriers (Jack Russells, Carin Terriers, and Miniature Schnauzers): Now don’t take this the wrong way, but owners of terriers were shown to be—how can we put this delicately—rather low on the emotional stability scale. On the plus side, you’ve got a super-cute companion to help you through any funks.

I have two pug/chihuahua mixes, a schnauzer/poodle, and a schnauzer mix.
  • throttle2009
    Options
    5. Terriers. I love my Jack Russell Terriers! My emotionally stability is fine... honest!!!!!

:mad:
    :explode:
    :sad:
    :cry:
    :indifferent:
    :happy:
  • justiceforever
    Options
    Pit bulls and Rottweilers.
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    5. Terriers (Jack Russells, Carin Terriers, and Miniature Schnauzers): Now don’t take this the wrong way, but owners of terriers were shown to be—how can we put this delicately—rather low on the emotional stability scale. On the plus side, you’ve got a super-cute companion to help you through any funks.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/04/26/what-your-dogs-breed-says-about/?intcmp=features#ixzz2RaruDbzb

How rude :P I have a westie and it's true, he is super cute :)
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Doberman I assume would be a Working Dog?!

6. Working dogs (Boxers, Rottweilers, and Great Danes):
    Anyone with a Great Dane as a roommate would have to be easygoing and clever to make things work without getting claustrophobic. Not surprisingly, working dog owners are agreeable and intelligent.

Cairn Terrier (Toto dog) Dachshund mix

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/04/26/what-your-dogs-breed-says-about/?intcmp=features#ixzz2RasL2DBp

7. Hounds (Beagles, Bassett Hounds, Greyhounds, and Dachshunds):
    Even if you ain’t nothing but a hound dog, good news: Hound dog owners are emotionally stable

WOW...well I'm just a mess!!! :laugh:
  • jonward85
    Options
    5. Terriers. I love my Jack Russell Terriers! My emotionally stability is fine... honest!!!!!

:mad:
    :explode:
    :sad:
    :cry:
    :indifferent:
    :happy:

I LOLed at this
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Guys. Pit bulls are terriers lol.

5 for me (although I didn't pick her my boyfriend did so what does that say about him?)
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    lol well i have jack russell terriers & it says im emotionally unstable....& i also have a beagle so for the hounds its said im emotionally stable...???? so i learnt nothing here lol