OT: Question for the married folk

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
What was your "first dance" song at your wedding and why??

Ours was "Your Song" by Elton John.

That became our song when we were dating. I am a romantic sap and was thinking about what could be our song but it seemed like every single one I liked was already taken by my hubby and one of his exes!! :grumble: :explode: , so we were talking about it in the car one time and I finally said out of exasperation....."If we are to have a song, it is yet to be made!!!!" And at that very moment, Your Song came on the radio!! It is pretty fitting with "You can tell everybody, this is your song.." I mean, it seemed almost meant to be!!

You??

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    What was your "first dance" song at your wedding and why??

Ours was "Your Song" by Elton John.

That became our song when we were dating. I am a romantic sap and was thinking about what could be our song but it seemed like every single one I liked was already taken by my hubby and one of his exes!! :grumble: :explode: , so we were talking about it in the car one time and I finally said out of exasperation....."If we are to have a song, it is yet to be made!!!!" And at that very moment, Your Song came on the radio!! It is pretty fitting with "You can tell everybody, this is your song.." I mean, it seemed almost meant to be!!

You??
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    we didn't dance at our wedding. everyone was too busy eating and drinking:drinker:

and my husband can't dance.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    If you're not the one ... Daniel Beddingfield :heart: :heart: :heart: it
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Dido - Best day of my life.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Keeper of the stars by Tracey Bird, I just thought the song suited us to a T and we both love country music, plus at the time everyone seemed to be picking the same wedding songs, we wanted something different!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    OMG..I forget...
    Serioulsy...something by baby face, I think?
    everytime I close my eyes?

Oh boy..I should be shot

Kim
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Keeper of the stars by Tracey Bird, I just thought the song suited us to a T and we both love country music, plus at the time everyone seemed to be picking the same wedding songs, we wanted something different!

I love that song , makes me sniffle :cry:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Righteous Brothers> "Unchained Melody"
  • hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It's Your Love by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw - we saw it when they first performed it on the CMA awards and we knew it was the one!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Four Tops - I believe and you and me.....sigh...that was a LONG time ago....such a beautiful song though!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Journey's - When you love a woman :bigsmile:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    New Religion by Black Label Society. My hubby proposed to it at a BLS concert. We also have "My new religion is you" inscribed on our wedding rings.

Edit: I meant to put this in here. Durr. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kke3nw3KbVw&feature=related
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Rascall Flatts "The Day Before You" It's opens with
    I had all but given up on finding
    The one that I could fall into
    The day before you
    I was ready to settle for
    Less than love and not much more
    There was no such thing as a dream come true
    Oh, but that was all the day before you

I've known my hubby since I was 9 and loved him since then too. I was dating someone else in '05 and I was litterally about to "settle" when my hubby came and swept me away:love: We saw eachother one day for the 1st time in what seemed like forever, he invited me to the beach that day and within a hour or so we were already holding hands and have been inseperable since
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Ours was definately not a traditional wedding song, we had You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC as our song. Yep the old folks were rather shocked when they actually figured out the lyrics. :happy:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Ours was definately not a traditional wedding song, we had You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC as our song. Yep the old folks were rather shocked when they actually figured out the lyrics. :happy:

:laugh: :laugh: Priceless!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    MY Best Friend by Tim Mcgraw

we have been each others best friends for six years on th day we got married nobody else could put up with us haha :laugh:

:heart: :smooched: we still get all mushy every time we hear and we play it too alot. :smooched: :heart:

we have been together 14 years and married 8 of those
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    "I only have eyes for you" by The Platters ! Even though I'm young I LOVE music from the 50"s, 60" and 70's!!:smooched: :heart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Thank God I Found You by Mariah Carey... self explanatory:heart:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=QPsMq5oRnB4
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Im getting married in September, But our song is decided as "Goodbye My Lover" by James Blunt. It sounds alittle odd per the title of the song, but if you listen to that song, its so beautiful and when my fiance lived in the Bahamas for 4 months teaching scuba diving, I stayed in our hometown and we kept our relationship strong even though we were so far apart for so long, and that was "our song" during that time-
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    "Something" by The Beatles

The DJ brought a really long version, we just kept spinning and smiling and saying, "did we really pick the LONGEST SONG EVER?!?!" People were probably sick of watching us spin. Oh well!