Does any one work out 2 hours a day?

Options
This could be twice a day for 1 hour intervals or for 2 hours at a whack? I read this article about that victoria secret model and she said her routine involved working out 2 hours a day 6 days a week. Now granted she had drastic circumstances, my diet wont be nearly as small I want to be healthy. But I was thinking that two hours a day 6 days a week could be what I need to get out of the 190s, I have been plateaued at 195-193 for 20 days now working out 4 days a week and eating healthy (minus this week).

What do you think, too drastic or is it good in moderation, does anyone do something similar? I lost 20lbs and then stalled, not sure if its the fat turning to muscle or what but I need to adjust something

Replies

• abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I do. Sometimes 3 now
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I am doing. I like the water aerobics class at my gym and that is an hour. If I can get to the gym early enough, I'll do 1/2 hr on the bike and about 1/2 hr on the tredmil and then do the water aerobics. I haven't done that lately... (can't get out of bed early enough to do so) but that would only happen one time a week.
  • kirstenr0719
    kirstenr0719 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I usually go twice a day for an hour at a time. However, on Saturday and Sunday I will go only once and I can usually do 1.5-2.5 hours depending. I take one rest day a week - usually a Wed or Thursday. And also, sometimes i don't have time to do twice during the week or I am too exhausted to get up in the AM.
    Just remember if you are upping your workout length/days then you need to eat more on those days.... especially on lifting days.
    Hope this helps!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    So has working out that much really helped you see results faster?
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If you have the time, go for it, but you may want to look at your diet too. If I ate as much processed food as you have in your diary, I'd gain tons of water weight, so that might be your problem too. I know they say a calorie is a calorie, but in this case you're not seeing the results you want, so you may want to look into it. Home-cooked meals are more filling, taste better and make you feel better, in my experience.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I probably push around there if you count stretching and mobility exercises as part of the workout
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Back in my cardio queen days I'd work our for 2 hours a day (plus a zumba class)..I also was not so happy with the results

Now that I only lift, my workouts are an hour...1.5 hours max. I'll even have 30 minute intense sessions.

Quality over quantity applies to exercise as well
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    If you have the time, go for it, but you may want to look at your diet too. If I ate as much processed food as you have in your diary, I'd gain tons of water weight, so that might be your problem too. I know they say a calorie is a calorie, but in this case you're not seeing the results you want, so you may want to look into it. Home-cooked meals are more filling, taste better and make you feel better, in my experience.

No one in my family knows how to cook and the few times I tried I nearly killed us all :P I made cinnamon buns with oven cleaner (thought it was pam)!!! Anyways thats why I eat alot of lean cuisines, but I try to keep my sodium low
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Yes it has made a big difference. 45 mins cardio, 45 mins strength training and then at night a bunch of pushups with 4 minute breaks in between. What has made an even bigger difference us the sauna. I sweat bullets just being in there for 15 mins.
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I would if I had the time, but with family/work commitment it is not that easy. I workout everyday though but not for that long

JC
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Fat does not turn into muscle. Ever.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    If shoveling manure and sawdust ( cleaning horse stalls) for two hours counts as working out, then yes.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I used to and it shed my weight really flipping fast! I will be going to back to my 2 or more hours a day starting Monday and I know it's going to kill me at first but it will be a good thing.

I used to do about 1 hour of running at lunch each day + 1-2 hours of weight training and cardio exercises in-home. I at minimum each night did 500 of each crunches, calf raises, tricep dips, side lying leg raises and around 100 push-ups.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I often workout 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day. A mixture of cardio and weights,etc. I still have times of plateaus, though. I find that if I forget to drink enough water or don't keep my protein up, that will effect my weight and now that I am within a few pounds of my goal it is taking longer to lose a pound. I also find if my weight gets stuck, if I vary it it will help,because your body becomes to acustom to the same routine.
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I do and it involves biking to the gym, core workout, weights either upper or lower and then 1 hour spinning. I can only do this because I am retired and have pretty much all the time I need. I don't think it has made much of a difference but I am giving it a shot....so far stuck with it honestly for 6 months.