Appearance of cellulite with weight loss

Options
Ok, so i have been steadily losing wieght for 4 months now. Doing it slowly and doing it right. Lots of excercise, etc. I look in the mirror today and am horrified by how much cellulite is showing up. When I tried to google it evrything says weight loss should help... but I didn't have the bad cellulite when I was heavier. Does anyone know how long it takes to shrink your skin. Is this the new me?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is just fat pockets. Even skinny girls have them. Can't say they will ever disappear. Seems as though mine are becoming more noticeable too on the front of my legs.
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Do you do many strength-training excercises? That's what always helped me. The back of my thighs are the first place for cellulite to pop up, but as soon as I start incorporating squats, lunges, etc. in my workouts they start to go away. Maybe increase your strength and toning excercises especially in the trouble spots. Good luck, and congrats on the weight loss!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    There are some really good threads from a few days ago about this subject. Search the posts and you will see some helpful information.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There are some really good threads from a few days ago about this subject. Search the posts and you will see some helpful information.

I thought the same thing when I read the thread title. Here's the recent one that I saw:

www.myfitnesspal.com+106936-fat-cellulite-if-u-don-t-eat-u-can-t-lose-it?hl=cellulite#posts-1477674
  • anthemfamily
    anthemfamily Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I do get the cardio in. I run 6 days a week x 2 miles, and zumba 4 days, I guess I will add the strength training. I knew I should but I was putting it off. Now I have real motivation to work it in.

Traci