Bob Harpers Jump Start Diet

Options
Im trying this out and wanted to see if anyone else has and how did you do. Im on day 2.

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    800 cals a day, no thanks.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Please don't. Eat a reasonable amount to support your activity. Hint: it's more than 1200 calories per day. You are just setting yourself up for binging.

Read this to find out how much you should be eating:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    No way. 800 cals isn't enough.

Seriously overweight people *might* be able to get away with it for a brief period of time, only because they have excess fat stores. Anyone else will probably have side effects (at the very least, they will be tired, hungry and irritable).

Honestly, I'm a little p*ssed that Bob would push something like this. Especially given his recent affiliation with Cross Fit, which promotes paleo and eating to fuel your workouts.
  • pinksands143
    Options
    Oh wow!! Thanks guys....I love the Paleo diet maybe I should stick to that. I just want to see results fast :(
  • pinksands143
    Options
    Ok thanks for the link...I will read it!!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!! Thanks guys....I love the Paleo diet maybe I should stick to that. I just want to see results fast :(

Slow and steady will keep the weight off and not screw your body over. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
  • pinksands143
    Options
    I can handle slow and steady as long as I see some results. I will get there
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I can handle slow and steady as long as I see some results. I will get there

Make sure you take measurements and photographs as well. I started heavy lifting two months ago. In two months I haven't lost a single pound - BUT I've lost 8" and the photos show a massive diffence in my waist. The scale sometimes lies.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • pinksands143
    Options
    I will do that!! Thank you :)
    Im going to check out your pictures to..Congrats to you!
  • Lauri524
    Lauri524 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing this but then I thought again. Right now I'm on 1200 calories, working my tail off and hardly losing weight. If I stray just a little bit, the scale shows a 1-2 pound gain the very next day. So imagine if I do 800 calories a day for 3 weeks? What will happen once those 3 weeks are over? My prediction is it will pack right back on and fast!
  • pinksands143
    Options
    Thats what I was thinking to. Im just going to watch my calories on here and try to exercise more. I dont do enough
  • pinksands143
    Options
    Your weight loss pictures are awesome!! Im so gonna bust may *kitten* to get results!