Breakfest Ideas?

Options
so im not a big breakfest person, but will you guys please give me some super healthy breakfest recipies and ideas? mainly in the 100-200 calorie region. im not vegetarian or vegan but i will gladly try any thrown my way! PLEASE HELP ME FOLKS! also feel free to add me as a friend, as im always looking for motivation from others and i will also try my best to return the favor! thanks yall(:

Replies

• wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    1 cup of low fat cottage cheese with a cut up apple, 240 calories. You can add whatever fruit you choose
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I thought these looked really yummy and super easy to make.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/broccoli-and-cheese-mini-egg-omelets-2.html
  • rnl1993
    rnl1993 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi,

I too am not a huge breakfast person. But it's the most important meal of the day so we have to eat something. I eat 2 hard boiled eggs (each are only 70 calories), along with a piece of toast, and either raw carrots(no sugars), or a small side of fruit(depending on the fruit it will take up all the sugars you are allowed for one day). It keeps me full until lunchtime but it is best to carry around a light snack just I case you get the munchies. Hope this helps!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I usually have an Eggbeaters omelette with about 1/2 an ounce of diced ham, some green bell peppers and onion thrown in. I forego the cheese because I'm lactose intolerant *and* because cheese has so many calories. I can get the nutrition from something other than cheese.

The omelette is about 120 calories and fills me up with lots of protein.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Check out my blog. I have a list of breakfast ideas
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    1 Egg, 1 slice of toast, 1 slice of turkey bacon. Depending on what you buy it could be as low as 150ish, but I usually make mine with some additional egg whites thrown in and 2 slices of bacon, and some cheese on those eggs and it's about in the mid 300 range, plus coffee.
  • texaslonghorn42
    texaslonghorn42 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am not a breakfast person either but have found that eating breakfast does help me not be as hungry come lunchtime so I tend to eat better then also. My most recent favorite and easy breakfast is a whole grain or multi-grain English muffin with a Laughing Cow Light Creamy Cheese wedge spread on it. It keeps me full, is easy to make (we have a toaster oven at work so I make it when I get there) and it is less than 200 calories. :)
  • hnyb1212
    hnyb1212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just made the banana protein muffins from Clean & Delicious and they are so yummy! Each one is about 65 calories and I put a little peanut butter on top. It is seriously my favorite breakfast right now. The recipe makes 12 so it lasts all week and it doubles for a snack if I need the extra protein. I also added 1 tablespoon of PB2 because I absolutely LOVE peanut butter. :love:

Ingredients:
    1 large ripe banana (*optional* extra slices for top of muffins)
    ¾ cup egg whites
    ½ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt (I used 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it came out great!)
    ¾ cup oats
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    2 tbsp. turbinado sugar
    1 tsp. baking soda
    ¾ tsp. cinnamon
    Directions:
    Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12-tin muffin tray with cooking spray.
    Pop all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
    Divide mixture evenly among 12 muffin tins. Place a thin slice of banana on top of each muffin.

Bake for twenty minutes or until cooked though.
  • Lauri524
    Lauri524 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my choices:

When I'm in the mood for something sweet:
    1 slice fiber plus whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 banana sliced on top. Sometimes I even add a sprinkle of chopped walnuts.

or

1/2 to 1 Cup of Cabot Vermont Style Cottage cheese (only 70 calores/half cup!)
    I cut up a few grapes, 1/2 banana, maybe a tbsp of crushed pineappe, tbsp chopped almonds, tbsp craisins, whatever you want. Sometimes, I have 12 Special K Multi Grain crackers with this. So yummy!

or
    1 Hard boiled egg + 1 egg white. Add 1 wedge light laughing cow swiss cheese. Microwave and crush up with fork. Put it on 1 slice fiber whole wheat bread. I like to sprinkle black pepper on top.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    These are all about 200 calories

2 Kashi waffles with a handful of berries (your choice)
    1/2 c low fat yogurt, 1 T chopped walnuts, 1/2 berries, 1/4 c whole grain cereal
    English muffin, one egg white, 1 oz ham, 1 ultra thin slice cheese (Sargento)
    1 shredded wheat biscuit, 1/2 c berries, 1 c skim milk
    2 slices Ezekial 4:9 bread w/ 1 T PB2 peanut butter and 2 t honey
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs with 1/4 shredded mozzarella cheese - yummy and about 240 cals.
  • anjsdav
    anjsdav Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am really not a cook so I usually buy the Special K Flat Bread Breakfast Sandwiches, Weight Watcher's Breakfast E Muffins, or the Egg White Delights McMuffin at McDonalds but these are slightly over your 200 goal (with the exception of the Flat Bread Sandwich egg only) but not over 300.
  • Lauri524
    Lauri524 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @aubnri917 It looks delish but if you don't mind me asking...what is chia? Is it tapioca-like? I'm wondering if the seed expands in the liquid almond milk? If so, I'm definitely going to try this!
  • jbilgs
    jbilgs Posts: 38
    Options
    Lots of ideas!

Egg white oats

egg whites/ whole eggs and turkey bacon

protein pancakes

egg cakes

I'm putting up a recipe blog ( cleanchomping.wordpress.com) I don't have any breakfasts on there now, but I will soon! Also you can check out my instagram @jen_gets_fit. I post breakfast ideas all the time!
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I read all the yummy suggestions and figured I'd add a simple breakfast I enjoy regularly (to keep me regular, wink LOL) ~ cup of bran flakes with 2% milk. It's about 166 calories.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    0409130623-1.jpg

Hot pumpkin cereal. Low carb, gluten free, will keep you regular, and its tasty.

http://mrsscalesrecipes.blogspot.com/2013/04/hot-pumpkin-cereal-low-carb-gluten-free.html
  • Momrocs1102
    Momrocs1102 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i love eggs and spinach, gonna be cutting the yolk though :)
  • LosingitinWY
    LosingitinWY Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can't eat eggs so I have to be creative. This morning I tried something new that I just threw together and it was actually yummy and I will be doing it again!

1 cup raw spinach, 1 roma tomato, 2 slices bacon, 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese, pepper approx. 180 calories depending on brands. I mixed it all in one bowl.

Really was delish!