Herbalife success anyone?

Options
My niece is a distributor for Herbalife and asked me to try out their supplements and meal replacement shakes, so I said yes! I do not care for the shake flavor I got but the supplements seem pretty good.... well at least I do not get that nasty vitamin after taste anyway.

So, has anyone else used Herbalife and what has been your experience?!?

Replies

• lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I've been doing one shake a day for 3 weeks alongside eating high protein/high fiber/tons of water/no white bread/rice (my diary is public) and in the first two weeks i lost 10.6 pounds. Have not used any supplements but will be ordering a few next week. I love the programs and the fact that they don't focus on your weight, the focus is more on building a healthier body and reducing body fat. I go to a local herbalife nutrition club and I love the people I've met and the every day accountability I get by going there. My nutrition club does a free boot camp a few days a week and there are herbalife nutrition clubs EVERYWHERE!! Most clubs serve a bunch of different shake recipes as well. I'm more motivated than ever because of herbalife =]
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You have done a really great job!!! Thanks for the input!
  • sadkins143
    sadkins143 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just started with Herbalife on Tuesday. My husband and I stumbled upon one of their nutrition clubs on our walk Monday morning. I went in this morning for my 3 day follow-up and I am down 5 pounds and 10.5 inches through my midsection! I'm using 2 shakes a day, plus the tea and aloe water. No supplements.

I agree that I like that they don't focus on your weight. I'm super excited about their program and feel stupid for not starting this years ago when a coworker was distributor...better late than never I guess!! :smile:
  • MzNikiDaDancingQueen
    MzNikiDaDancingQueen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    me n my best friend started last week n each lost 7 lbs in our first week. We are in love with this stuff.
  • JenLynn1120
    Options
    I was glad to find this board because I have a question about how this works! For those of you that replace meals with shakes do you also still strive to hit your calorie goal in My Fitness Pal? I have a 1200 calorie/day goal for weight loss but don't know how it works if I replace a meal with a shake... should I eat less than 1200/day?
  • sadkins143
    Options
    I weighed in again this morning for my 7 follow-up and I'm down another 1.4 pounds even with having my monthly visitor! :smile: YAY!!
  • sadkins143
    Options
    I was glad to find this board because I have a question about how this works! For those of you that replace meals with shakes do you also still strive to hit your calorie goal in My Fitness Pal? I have a 1200 calorie/day goal for weight loss but don't know how it works if I replace a meal with a shake... should I eat less than 1200/day?

JenLynn - I don't know what everyone else does, but I try to still get close to my calorie goal because I don't want to throw my body into starvation mode. Even so, I usually end up with 300-400 (sometimes a bit more) extra calories by the end of the day. My calorie goal is higher than yours right now though.

I've only been doing it one week but this is what I do:

I replace my breakfast with a shake (the calories are about the same), I eat lunch (usually protein and veggies or a salad), have a shake in the afternoon instead of another snack, then I eat dinner (again usually protein and veggies). I'm eating about every 3-4 hours. If I'm hungry after dinner and/or I still have too many calories left I will eat some cottage cheese and fruit or something like that...higher protein snack.

Hope that helps! Good luck!!
  • joicemc1212
    Options
    My mom does that shakes and has done them religiously for years. Coupled with exercise and diet she has lost about 30 lbs. I tried it before but I don't think it does anything special so I didn't stick with it.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My niece is a distributor for Herbalife and asked me to try out their supplements and meal replacement shakes, so I said yes! I do not care for the shake flavor I got but the supplements seem pretty good.... well at least I do not get that nasty vitamin after taste anyway.

So, has anyone else used Herbalife and what has been your experience?!?

About 15 years ago I did the Herbalife program. I lost 35 pounds without much effort. Of course I was younger then. Yes, it is a great program for weight loss and nutrition.
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    Thanks for all the input!!!! I placed my first order to try it for a month. If I like the shakes (not crazy about the flavor I tried) I will use them where they work for me, especially through the summer!!! I will try to post how it is working for me!!!
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    I received my 1 month supply of Formula 2 multivitamin,Cell Activator, & Cell-U-Loss. Also got 2 new shake flavors.... the chocolate was pretty good and will be easy to make very yummy and the french vanilla smelled GREAT... can''t wait to try it!!!
  • vhagle
    vhagle Posts: 3
    Options
    The chocolate and vanilla are the BEST> You can mix with anything!
    I made a banana cream pie shake (vanilla base) for breakfast, and an oatmeal cookie shake(chocolate base) for lunch!!!
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    The chocolate and vanilla are the BEST> You can mix with anything!
    I made a banana cream pie shake (vanilla base) for breakfast, and an oatmeal cookie shake(chocolate base) for lunch!!!
    Are you using any of the supplements? I am not using the shakes regularly until it warms up around here!!! LOL!!! I am still in my first week of use with the supplements but like how I feel so far!!!
  • sarahjalink
    sarahjalink Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did Herbalife for a few weeks last year. I lost 5lbs in the first week and then 2-3 for the following couple. I then stopped sticking to it and gained a few lbs back.

The first 3 days were horrendous, I was really hungry as only having 2 shakes and a small meal a day. which is around 800 calories a day, but by the 4th day I felt amazing, better than ever before, had loads of energy and no longer felt hungry. I know of a few people that have lost a lot of weight with this plan, it just requires willpower to stick to it.

The vanilla shake is quite gross but i love the chocolate one. Good luck :)
  • mitchellmonkey
    Options
    my husband and i started the herbalife diet today. we are have the 2 shakes a day pured with a banana and we had a cup of ghe herbalife tea this afternoon. i found i was constantly weeing this afternoon though where im not used to drinking so much. i dont usually drink till the afternoon after ive eaten lunch. fingers crossed this works for us. we've both felt really tired today where we haven eaten. is that normal to start with? i need/want to lose 4 stone and my husband wants to lose 1.5 stone xx
  • TOPSmarca
    Options
    Water elimination is a very good effect of some of the Herbalife products!!! I am only doing occasional shakes and am using several of the supplements along with calorie control through MFP.. I am thinking that if you are seriously tired, you may need to add a high protein snack in there.... I am assuming you are doing the plan of 2 shakes a day + snacks + a sensible dinner?
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I've tried many of their products just because I know a couple who does this for a living and I like to support them. :)

The only product I can honestly say that is very distinct to Herbalife and differentiated from other stuff out on the market is their Herbal Tea Concentrate. Gives me energy and drive w/o jitters or crash, tastes good, and actually puts me in a good mood (I'm not a coffee drinker). I think it has 45 mg of caffeine per 1/2 tsp.

I'm an avid tea drinker (hot or cold) and so far I haven't found any teas or supplements that can compare. This stuff is expensive, but until someone can find me a cheaper replacement with same benefits I'll prob keep buying. In fact I just called this weekend to buy 2 big jars of it which should last me a few months

As for the other products like the proteins, pills, etc.... forget about them. There are better protein/shake mixes out there that are much cheaper and taste much better if thats what you're looking for.

Bottom line is... weight loss success will come from diet and exercise..... calories burned > calories consumed... no matter what products you're taking. :wink:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    all it is is severe calorie restriction and water weight loss...

you would probably get same results if you ate in 500 cal daily deficit and worked out ..and then you would not be lining some companies money with your hard earned money.

all diet boils down to calorie restriction ...
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've done it , wasn't too much my thing , I love to eat and having to replace 2 meals a day by a shake didn't do it for me. I felt like I was starving. I also realised that I was paying 45$ for 2 weeks of shake and that I could get pretty much the same thing by buying a 12$ Slim Fast can.

I think that if people really want to go that road atleast keep your money in your pocket to buy future new clothes..... There's like 20 kind of shakes out there pretending to be better than the other when in fact theyre all sugar,vitamimns and proteins. You should keep your money and get slim fast or whey protein powder...
  • sadkins143
    Options
    It really does come down to calories in vs calories burned. Herbalife isn't necessarily a magic formula. I am watching my calories via MFP and supplementing with the Herbalife shakes. I like food and like to eat, but I don't feel deprived with these shakes because I'm only using one as a meal replacement (breakfast) and the other I have in the afternoon around 3pm when I get snacky. Instead of grabbing a bag of chips, I make a shake. I still eat lunch, I still eat dinner, and I still usually have an evening snack. I eat, but I stay within my MFP calories.

The tea, mango aloe water, AND the shake (their complete meal) costs me about $35 per week....$5 a day. It's better spent here on breakfast and a snack than on fast food for only one meal that will generally cost more.

I'm sure you can find other protein powders on the market and do the same thing, but to each his own. I've never compared ingredients to ingredients to see if one is better nutritionally than another. If it works for you stick with it...if it doesn't, find something that does. It's all about making your weight loss goals in a HEALTHY way and supporting each other on that journey!