Amazing Progress

Options
I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures to post to show the progress, but I just have to share my progress.

In Feburary (on the 13th), after my husband and I split, I found myself buying a size 22 jeans, and weiging 260. I was depressed and ashamed that I had let him make me so unhappy that I just gave up caring about my appearance and my health. I was also ashamed that I had let him talk me into drinking so much with him that, even when I was exercising, I just couldn't lose the weight.

On April 19th, I weighed myself. During the last 2 months, I ate as healthy as I could. But I didn't deprive myself. I have eaten out periodically, and not always healthy. I have quit drinking soda, I have quit drinking alcohol, and I have made myself be more active. In 2 months, I have lost 45 pounds!!! And I am rediscovering who I truly am as a person. I've missed me!

I want to say thank you to everyone who has checked up on me during my journey. I know I don't log in here everyday (I've redownloaded the app to my phone, so that should change now...) but I am still trudging along. Thank you for all of your support, encouragement, and sharing all of your stories with me so that I could be inspired along my journey. Here's to the next 15 lbs to get to one-derland, and the next 45 to get me healthy!!!

Replies

• h0rserunner
    h0rserunner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You actually lost a lot more...How much did your ex weigh? LOL... congrats
  • sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great work! Congratulations!!
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You actually lost a lot more...How much did your ex weigh? LOL... congrats
    that's really not funny.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Way to take back control of your life and start on a healthier path.
  • theuber
    theuber Posts: 51
    Options
    that's really not funny.

I can understand the fear of offending someone, however, she's absolutely right. I did lose a large burden that has been weighing me down for quite a while, and I found that commment quite hilarious. :laugh:
  • rebamay87
    rebamay87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    that's really not funny.

I can understand the fear of offending someone, however, she's absolutely right. I did lose a large burden that has been weighing me down for quite a while, and I found that commment quite hilarious. :laugh:

Yeah, I laughed too! Only because the OP made it clear it was a bit of a negative relationship. Can't take it all serious all the time after all...
  • h0rserunner
    h0rserunner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    that's really not funny.

Yeah, I laughed too! Only because the OP made it clear it was a bit of a negative relationship. Can't take it all serious all the time after all...

Thank you for understanding that I meant no offense, it just sounds like there is a lot more off her shoulders than body fat. A free spirit is also a great feeling. Again, GREAT JOB
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    that's really not funny.

yes it is!!!
  • SexiBayBeezy
    SexiBayBeezy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAYY!!!! for you that is so good and inspiring keep it up.. so motivating
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree! Sometimes the weight of negativity and a bad relationship is so much more than pounds!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    that's really not funny.

GOOD!!! a marriage breaking down..that's not funny or great...the fact that you're out of a destructive relationship, that's good...the post , FUNNY!

AND WOW! GREAT PROGRESS - I'M INSPIRED ( TO WORK HARD NOT BREAK UP)
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we must ask :flowerforyou: ourself if we're better off with them or without them. You made the best choice for you and it has resulted in finding yourself again. You're a beautiful lady, inside and out, and are making incredible progress. Keep up the great work. "Living Well is the Best Revenge!"
  • theuber
    Options
    that's really not funny.

GOOD!!! a marriage breaking down..that's not funny or great...the fact that you're out of a destructive relationship, that's good...the post , FUNNY!

AND WOW! GREAT PROGRESS - I'M INSPIRED ( TO WORK HARD NOT BREAK UP)

Yes, no break ups! Please!!! LOL!

I am glad that I can inspire someone else now. I still have a lot of work to do, and a long path I must travel to get there, but if someone reads this and can see that this lifestyle REALLY DOES work, then I feel as if I have accomplished something even greater than having lost the weight. Keep it up! If I can do it (with my PCOS and emotional eating that I STILL struggle with... just changing what I have around to eat. :-) ) then anyone can do it.
  • theuber
    Options
    Sometimes we must ask :flowerforyou: ourself if we're better off with them or without them. You made the best choice for you and it has resulted in finding yourself again. You're a beautiful lady, inside and out, and are making incredible progress. Keep up the great work. "Living Well is the Best Revenge!"

Thanks, Phylsyl! You are one of the few that has always kept tabs on me, and given me a word of encouragement when I wasn't feeling it, and praising my sucess. You are an amazing woman, and I am very thankful that you've decided to follow me on my journey. Hope you have a blessed and wonderful day!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Great progress. I'm glad that you're doing better and feeling better about yourself.
  • theuber
    Options
    Great progress. I'm glad that you're doing better and feeling better about yourself.

Thanks! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!