Where are my EMTs, Firefighters, and First Responders at?

Options
2»

Replies

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    That pic is gonna get pulled or I'm gonna get a strike for that. Oh well. :laugh: It cracked me up.

BTW to answer your OP: Hubby goes when he can. We have stuff at home, he goes to the gym a few days, etc., basically he doesn't have a routine as such. Still seeing good progress. I can most certainly attest to that.
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That pick reminds me of the old tanker that was a really an ancient renovated milk truck from my old company.

Ok, that seems to be the theme or others use the gym they may have at the stations. The "gym" I had access to was much of a gym, more like a closet with some junk in it lol I'm thinking about just signing up at a regular gym near me and just going when I can and then cardio everyday, since that doesnt require anything more than a good pair of sneakers lol
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    In it's not the same, but I am studying to be an R.N

Go Pack!

I'm an RN and hubby is a firefighter/paramedic.

No stress there- lol!

ETA: not all firefighters are in great shape and he's full time on a busy, urban department.
    He works in a violent city, so he can be going all night.
    All the houses have cardio machines, weights etc. so he works out when he can squeeze it in between runs.
    I have it easy and go to the Y in the morning after I drop my daughter at school. I work 2nd shift.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    what a wonderful post this is. Nice humor also.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm here. I'm a mom to a 7 & 4 year old girls. Does that count?
  • SteveSprawl
    SteveSprawl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    EMT, volunteer
  • chadewey2000
    chadewey2000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Police officer here. Feel free to add me!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Where are my EMTs, Firefighters, and First Responders at?

WaffleHouse.jpg

hahahahahahaha, who cares this was the funniest pic ever
  • FretheMJsmokingcannibal
    Options
    In the process of becoming an EMS
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well actually... it was usually a bar after work :p or a greek diner in Maspeth, Queens.

I was NYC*EMS back before it was all FDNY, we went thru the academy, an hour of PT / calisthenics before classes every day.

All good training for 10 flights of stairs, no elavator working and 500 pound patients..
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Well actually... it was usually a bar after work :p or a greek diner in Maspeth, Queens.

I was NYC*EMS back before it was all FDNY, we went thru the academy, an hour of PT / calisthenics before classes every day.

All good training for 10 flights of stairs, no elavator working and 500 pound patients..

Wow... I'd like to hear your war stories...
  • deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Wow... I'd like to hear your war stories...

ME TOO!! I'm small town EMS nothing compared to NYC
  • koalica
    koalica Posts: 3
    Options
    Aspiring CBP Officer here! I'm looking to get a second job offer, actually. Accepted and lost my first offer to a final fitness test injury before my entrance on duty about a year ago. That's what I get for trying to do too much too fast. Picked myself up and it's back to square one :smile:
  • AngelaPesta17
    Options
    Minnesota EMT/FF representin' right here!
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Police dispatcher right here! I work midnights right now and luckily we have a gym at work so I come in before shift and work out. The agency I work for is very healthy/fitness minded so we have a lot of good options available to us. Feel free to add me if you like!