Healthy Food Suggestions...any help appreciated :)

Options
Hi guys just wondering if anyone could swap some ideas around here, I was shopping again today and as i'm a student my budget isnt very high at the moment but i usually find myself going for the same type of veg and wondering should i mix this up, my usual foods are..

chicken
fish
eggs
broccoli
carrots
greek yoghurt
beans
almonds
and any mixture of fruit

this is my healthy list now, ofc i do have chocolate and stuff in moderation and its working for me i'm just wondering is there any other foods i should be adding or could add to benefit my diet....since coming on here i've learned it is about a lifestyle change so i'm always open to new food suggestions..:)

Replies

• balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    anyone? :)
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    Maybe add oatmeal? It offers a good nutritional bang for your buck and you can change it up by adding a little fruit or cinnamon or what have you.

If money is an issue, you might want to look at buying frozen vegetables. They're a really good deal when you get them on sale.
  • gainwait
    gainwait Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Any vegetables (Lots of)
    Most fruits
    Grain bread
    Brown rice
    Oats
    Quinoa
    Tinned salmon, tuna etc
    Protein shakes
    Peanut Butter (No added sugar / salt) eat in moderation
    Lentils
    Turkey
    All the foods you decribed are obviously healthy as well, As with the chocolate, the darker the better, Good luck
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    salad stuff
    we eat alot of cabbage
    we use mince (ground meat) coz it cheap
    stir fry
    no cream homemake soups
    lental are cheap ( add to curries, or soups, mince dishs)

where i live if you get to the supermart earlier in the morning you can pick up reduced meat and fish
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    how about some hummus and more/ different veggies? jicama, snap peas, cukes etc... great for dipping
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I make turkey burgers all the time.
    I also like to roast my veggies in the oven
    baked oatmeal is super yummy
    greek yogurt with some fruit mixed in
    sweet potatoes sliced into chips and then cooked in the oven with some coconut oil

feel free to add me as a friend, I'm constantly searching for new clean eating recipes

also, check out dashingdish.com and the gracious pantry
  • astupiddog
    Options
    shrimp as alternative to chicken (frozen, raw, peeled)
  • balancedbrunette
    Options
    thank you so much everyone for the suggestions! :)...sweet potatoes sound like a good idea when cooking for friends, also going to try get into tinned tuna, will take a look at the others too and try incorporate them into my diet!
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Try to add more veggies, especially raw. Bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, green onions, sugar snap peas (the kind that you eat pod and all), as well as experimenting with different mixed greens in salads, such as spinach, beet greens, arugula, baby romaine, etc. I will often cut up peppers, celery, and baby carrots for snacking on. Prep time doesn't take long.
  • balancedbrunette
    Options
    Try to add more veggies, especially raw. Bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, green onions, sugar snap peas (the kind that you eat pod and all), as well as experimenting with different mixed greens in salads, such as spinach, beet greens, arugula, baby romaine, etc. I will often cut up peppers, celery, and baby carrots for snacking on. Prep time doesn't take long.

went out an got some peppers today as well as cherry tomatoes, cheers for the suggestions. :)