2 day fast

Options
Has anybody tried the fast diet, otherwise known as the 5:2 diet where you have a low calorie intake for 2 days a week, consuming approx 400-600 calories depending on your gender.

Am curious to know, does it work on a long term basis?

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-science-behind-the-fast-diet-2013-3?op=1

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few posting from people doing it, there seems to be lot of people having trouble.

I don't know this program

personal i don't like the look at it,it just too over the too, too out there

quote some one showed me
    you didn't take a pill to get fat so you don't need a pill to get thin

I've done almost every fad diet there is over the year and I have damaged my body by doing so

so for me it is (quote) We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.

so eat clean, and train mean

anyone can addme
  • spekkio12345
    spekkio12345 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The whole purpose of this site is to lose weight without the fads and nonsense. In turn, you not only lose weight but change your life in a way that allows you to keep it off.

A honest calorie deficit of 500 calories day in and day out will result in safe and sustainable weight loss.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Check out one of the groups that fast. I am pretty sure there is an IF group on here (Intermittent Fasting)
    Some people have found that it works for them, others have not. There are 'feeding windows' and there are full day fasts.
    I can tell you that our ancesters did not sit down 3x a day to a meal and I am sure that there were days that they did not eat at all but you would have to compare your diet to theirs. Theirs was meats, fats, fruits and veggies. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.