((((((HELP)))))))))

Options
I am a food junky. Out of control, need support and guidance.

Replies

• Anniewhos
    Anniewhos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    hmmm junkie? as in consumption? preparation? ogling? serving? presentation? if so...so am i! Feel free to add me
  • GaloisGirl
    GaloisGirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    (So sorry for double-posting, my net is going crazy today. :( )
  • GaloisGirl
    GaloisGirl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I assume you are not out of control (if so, you'd need psychiatric help), you just make choices at times that you are not happy with at other times.

It's absolutely good to love food, as it keeps us alive. :)

However, fat sugar and salt act addictively, which can make us crave more of them that we need. It's however not that hard to break: try going just 3 days without sweets and then tell me if you still want them. :) (This is just an example, I don't know of sweets are an issue to you personally.)

Be clear about what you want: fast food for two mintues or long-term health?

Educate yourself about what different foods do to you. Eating an apple or something knowing that you are doing good to your body feels great. :) Eating some atrery-clogging diabetes-indusing stuff doesn't feel good.

Don't expect food to give you what it can't (again, no idea if this applies to you): it can't give you love, friendship, solve your problems,... it only can fuel your body and give you a bit of pleasure.

Perhaps you'd benefit from a weight-loss and self-help book. I've really enjoyed "If I am so smart, why can't I lose weight?" and Jillian Michaels's "Winning by Losing".

Good luck with everything! :)