Last 6 months of hell

Options
lazatin
lazatin Posts: 452 Member
It's been a long time since I did a post.  My life for the last 6 months has been crazy.  Rewind back to October 2012.  I had just stated a new workout program, an abs one, cuz those suckers need to be fixed and then I was in a car accident. Luckily no one else was with me and I just Dukes of Hazard it off the road.  Wear your seatbelt people, I did otherwise I would not be here. Unfortunately, I broke my back.  Crushed my L1 vertebra and had to have surgery for that little sucker.  Let's just say I'm wondering if I can set off a metal detector now.  

Anyway, I had to be in a brace for 3 months and start physical therapy.  I also damaged my left leg in the accident, go figure.  I couldn't stand, barely walk (had to use a walker), steps were a no go, no running/jumping, pretty much lay around and sleep.  It was pretty miserable!  

Two weeks after the surgery I was back at home.  At first I was losing because I couldn't eat.  That was great, got to my lowest weight in probably EVER.  Then the brace came off and I still couldn't do anything, or at least it felt that way.  Pity party over here.  Yep, I was alive, walking, although slowly.  I was surrounded by friends and family that loved me and I did not have to worry about losing my job!  They even gave up there Christmas exchange at school and donated the money to my family.  But I was still having a little pity party.   I fell back into old habits, ate what I wanted, ate in the middle of the night, ate, ate, ate and ate some more.  Did I exercise.  NO!!!  Except for my PT exercises, but I was pretty pathetic with those too after I was walking better.  I was allowed to start the treadmill at probably 4 months after surgery.  But of course I had no interest in that.

So her I am 15-20 pounds heavier than when the accident happened.  None of my clothes fit, I got rid of all my fat clothes, who thinks this is going to happen!  

Finally, I got my butt in gear.  Started watching what I was eating, got on the treadmill and experimented with ways to keep interest, I bore easily.  I am now almost back to my weight and inches pre-accident.  I just did a fat flush/cleanse because I needed to get rid of all the crap I have stuck in my body the last 6 months.  I started back at work part time last week and my life seems to be moving the right direction.  My husband says to me tonight, "You are looking thinner."  OMG, yes he really said that.  Do I love him more than EVER now or what.  So whenever he notices I know it is time for a comparison picture.
 Almost 2 years, yep, two years, no one said it would be fast....in the first picture I had already lost 15 pounds.  The second picture I had my daughter take right after me husband said I was LOOKING THINNER!!!!  
So I go from work out fiend to broken back to pity party from hell to looking thinner.

I just have to ask you, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE! 

9a11a92b-5e14-4a7e-bb69-2a6132534005.jpg

Replies

• aliciaconcha90
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you to push yourself to exercise. Congrats on your weight loss. :D
  • sammydiddly
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great effort! I am sorry to hear about your accident but I am glad that you didn't let it take over your life and you got back on that diet train!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You are a strong woman and you look AMAZING! You truly are an inspiration! Glad to have you on my team!
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    he is right you do look thinner. A whole bunch thinner!!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look great!
  • AchillesDeFlandres
    AchillesDeFlandres Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good Job.
  • happyseal23
    Options
    Wow, there's a major difference!! You're an amazing person, I can't imagine all the ups and downs you must have been through in these past 6 months! Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story, and I'm sure that your strength and many blessings will keep seeing you through!
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Nice job getting back on track, you look great.
  • wendinbill
    Options
    What a nightmare! You look great and are well on your way! Good for you for getting back on it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!