thigh size

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Mine are 24". I'm 5'9" and weigh 160lbs.
  • BarbieJade11
    Options
    That is tiny for your frame !! I'm 4ft 10 & 21inch at the widest part. Does enyone know how to shift stubborn fat from thighs, as the more running & lunges I do the bigger then get :/
    Any help and/or new friends welcome!!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Female, 167lbs, 5'8, 25" thighs... squatting 195.
    Does enyone know how to shift stubborn fat from thighs, as the more running & lunges I do the bigger then get :/

You can't spot reduce. Eat at a deficit, lift heavy, cardio lightly. I guarantee your thighs AREN'T getting bigger with running and lunges, especially as a female eating below maintenance.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    23 inch thighs..squatting 210
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    DYEL. my new favorite acronym.
  • jffrydale
    jffrydale Posts: 32 Member
    Options
  • brobles38
    brobles38 Posts: 45
    Options
    Is squatting the best exercise to build size?
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Mine are 20.5" for a 5'10" 55 year old male runner (for two years) and not overweight by more than about 5 pounds. I'm no speedster though as I run 10K's two or three times a week and am struggling to reach a 9 minute pace. (puff, puff, pant) Somebody get me a cane!
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love everything about my body. I am a 5'7 woman, clothing size 4 (that's small), and people say I look thin. My thighs are 23.5 inches. To each their own! Your thighs and body are just right for you. In my case, all the women in my family have large thighs, it's our genetic gift.
  • brobles38
    Options
    I love everything about my body. I am a 5'7 woman, clothing size 4 (that's small), and people say I look thin. My thighs are 23.5 inches. To each their own! Your thighs and body are just right for you. In my case, all the women in my family have large thighs, it's our genetic gift.
    that's true
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and I have nearly 24" thighs at 22% body fat.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there is probably a calculator out there somewhere that can tell you how big your thigh circumference should be based on the distance between your nose and chin.

I'm 5'6", 25" thighs, 33.3% body fat. Not that I'm currently tracking my thigh measurements... they were 24.5" when I was 176 lb. Mine are getting smaller based on the need to buy smaller Under Armour underwear due to thighs rather than waist.

When I was working my legs a few years back I did dumbbell squats, dumbbell lunges, and stepping on and off my weight bench with dumbbells in my hands (ETA: and calf raises).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Yes. I started with little 17" chicken legs. I PR'd on 265lbs the other day for 2 reps. I've added 1.5" on my thighs while losing weight from squats. Dead lifts are also good.
  • brobles38
    Options
    Yes. I started with little 17" chicken legs. I PR'd on 265lbs the other day for 2 reps. I've added 1.5" on my thighs while losing weight from squats. Dead lifts are also good.
    thanks
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    thanks

yes all the compound lifts are the best for adding size.
  • brobles38
    Options
    thanks

yes all the compound lifts are the best for adding size.
    I set my short term goal at 19" . I going to work hard to see if its possible. I haven't lifted since high school
  • rachaelr22
    rachaelr22 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm curious what other peoples thigh circumference is. I have been a runner since I was 14 , now 38 and have always been told I have small thighs. I measured them the other day when my wife said I should chart my progress and the biggest part measured 17.5". That looks small on my 6'5" frame. So I'm just curious what the average is.
    17.5" is crazy. My calves measure the same as that. How big are your calves?
  • rachaelr22
    Options
    the best
  • rachaelr22
    Options
    23 inch thighs..squatting 210
    wow 220 that's awesome
  • brobles38
    Options
    I'm curious what other peoples thigh circumference is. I have been a runner since I was 14 , now 38 and have always been told I have small thighs. I measured them the other day when my wife said I should chart my progress and the biggest part measured 17.5". That looks small on my 6'5" frame. So I'm just curious what the average is.
    17.5" is crazy. My calves measure the same as that. How big are your calves?
    just a bit under 13"