Cleansing diets... any good ones?

willis84
willis84 Posts: 86 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Im just starting my journey to eat healthy and lose weight. I'm at 147lb right now and want to drop down to 115lb. I want to kick off my diet with a cleanse. Are there any cleansing diets out there that you like or have tried and succeeded with?

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Isagenix
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sandruh9
    sandruh9 Posts: 2
    im the same weight and want to get down to 115 as well and last week i started the jillian michaels 14 day cleanse thing so ill let you know how it works. have you started doing anything to lose the weight and is it working??
  • willis84
    willis84 Posts: 86 Member
    I just started my weight loss diet about 3 days ago. So far, no weight loss. I drink about 10 glasses of water daily and usually have a slim fast 200cal shake for breakfast. My daily calorie limit is 1,200. I think I might try a fruit and veggie drink cleanse for a week.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Be careful with some of the cleanses out there- some can have very undesirable results, such as profuse sweating, body odor, and foul breath because of the toxins leaving your body. I just drink a ton of water- that's always a good way to cleanse :)
  • eekface
    eekface Posts: 44 Member
    I did the 7 day rapid cleanse ( you can goggle that and find it easily) and only ate fresh fruit/veggies (stayed away from bananas/corn/potatoes) and lean meats for the first 3 days and the gradually added food in. It really helped me get a fresh start and get the fast food/junk food cravings out of my system. Weeks later and I am staying under my calorie goal every day, I have only had fast food once ( I used to have it several times a week) and only did chicken tacos in a pinch because we had to go to the hospital. Its amazing but it really triggered something in my head that made it easier to change my eating, I don't know if its because those first few days I couldn't have any processed foods or what. Right now I am on a roll and I don't feel myself stopping anytime soon.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    I'm a pharmacist. You need the bacteria that is in your intestines. If you decided to "cleanse", buy some probiotics at the drug store to put the bacteria back in. We have a symbiotic relationship with bacteria. We need them for digestion. If you choose to kill them, you need to put them back.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    The only cleanse I have ever done messed up my system for a good month. I lost 10 lbs right away and gained it all back and more when I went back to eating properly and exactly within my MFP calories. I will never ever ever ever do a cleanse again. Just my 2cents.
This discussion has been closed.