Options
katy_trail
katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
talk about whatever you want I just miss football and FF

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it. The draft is such a tease.

Glad Tavon went in first round, excited for him.

Fascinated to see how Honey Badger does..

Oh and my goodness watching the first round with all those OLmen all I could think is "that guy is gonna be on MFP some day"
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    You know all I wanna do is watch Football, but this is the season of "Strikes and Balls"
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Anyone see the interview with Tyrone Mathieu from LSU? Wow, he really should have focused on some public speaking classes.

As a Steelers fan, I am pretty pleased with their draft selections.
  • katy_trail
    Options
    Rams fan. I was listening on the radio while the sports newscasters were going crazy over trayvon, so I need to find out more about him, but they seem really excited. so that's good. Hoping they do much better this year, but i"m still disappointed amendola and steven jackson. It will be interesting to see Amendola working with Brady. There is no replacing Jackson.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    Rams fan. I was listening on the radio while the sports newscasters were going crazy over trayvon, so I need to find out more about him, but they seem really excited. so that's good. Hoping they do much better this year, but i"m still disappointed amendola and steven jackson. It will be interesting to see Amendola working with Brady. There is no replacing Jackson.
    My fiance is a WVU fan, so I've seen a LOT of Tavon. He's sensational. Really. He's like a one man highlight reel, and a pretty good kid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3UOd9_Tkw
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Pretty pumped about the Panthers 2 DTs. Really hope we can get some WR today!

Also.. What's up with the 3D glasses with no lenses like Ansah was wearing Thursday?!?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Interested to see what the 9ers do with the rest of their picks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • WDEvy
    Options
    Interested to see what the 9ers do with the rest of their picks.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Niners got Lemonier yesterday. Happy for him! He's a great kid. Hope it's a good fit for him.
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Another Rams fan here. Awesome for Snead to move up to snag Tavon! Uber excited about that, and the fact we got his teammate WR partner Bailey, too! WooHoo! Just need to fill those safety holes (not really counting on TJ) and a big rhinocerus RB would be nice too.....
  • katy_trail
    Options
    Another Rams fan here. Awesome for Snead to move up to snag Tavon! Uber excited about that, and the fact we got his teammate WR partner Bailey, too! WooHoo! Just need to fill those safety holes (not really counting on TJ) and a big rhinocerus RB would be nice too.....
    who can we get for RB?
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Vikings fan here...3 first rounders...beefing up our defense...yay for that. hopefully the WR we picked up works our for us especially since we got rid of Percy
  • mixtaplix
    Options
    I think Lattimore is still available a lot of fans want him....don't know for how much longer he'll be up for though. Probably won't make it to the Rams next pick. Thought they were gonna take him or another safety in their 4th rd pick....nope.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited about my Spartans.
  • mixtaplix
    Options
    Lattimore just went to the 9ers...
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    LOL AT THE JETS

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM
  • 49erfan200
    Options
    GO niners loved the tank carradine pick he's gonna be great player
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Anyone miss the draft being on the weekend? It use to be kind of a tradition with friends to make a weekend out of it. Of course those type of weekends def wouldn't help with my weight loss :D!

Saints fan here - love their draft so far. Sucks having another 2 STOLEN from them, but they have done a great job this draft.

I think most fans would have rather seen Saints grab Jarvis Jones instead of Vaccaro with the first pick, but I am totally cool with it. I think OLBs Junior Gallete and Martez Wilson are going to surprise a lot of people next year, when Saints move to the 3-4. They are super athletic and should excel in that scheme so maybe the Saints OLB need isn't as crucial as people thought.

Safety was a need, and Vaccaro is as safe a bet at the position as anyone in the past 2 drafts.

Third round was great for Saints IMO - They grabbed a super athletic offensive lineman, that could actually end up as a starting LT in future. Great value for 3rd round. Then they traded back into the third to grab Jenkins - the massive lineman from Georgia. That was a huge move, because it potentially gives them a legit nose tackle for the 3-4. Before that pick, they had 300lb Robert Bunkley penciled into that spot :S

Lattimore to SF is a solid move. They can afford to red shirt him all year (if need be) then ideally by the time Gore is ready tot ake a step back you can hand over the duties to Kendall Hunter and in the best case scenario a fully healed Lattimore. :O
  • WDEvy
    Options
    LOL AT THE JETS

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM

ALLLLLLLLL THE QBS!
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    Anyone miss the draft being on the weekend? It use to be kind of a tradition with friends to make a weekend out of it. Of course those type of weekends def wouldn't help with my weight loss :D!

Saints fan here - love their draft so far. Sucks having another 2 STOLEN from them, but they have done a great job this draft.

I think most fans would have rather seen Saints grab Jarvis Jones instead of Vaccaro with the first pick, but I am totally cool with it. I think OLBs Junior Gallete and Martez Wilson are going to surprise a lot of people next year, when Saints move to the 3-4. They are super athletic and should excel in that scheme so maybe the Saints OLB need isn't as crucial as people thought.

Safety was a need, and Vaccaro is as safe a bet at the position as anyone in the past 2 drafts.

Third round was great for Saints IMO - They grabbed a super athletic offensive lineman, that could actually end up as a starting LT in future. Great value for 3rd round. Then they traded back into the third to grab Jenkins - the massive lineman from Georgia. That was a huge move, because it potentially gives them a legit nose tackle for the 3-4. Before that pick, they had 300lb Robert Bunkley penciled into that spot :S

Lattimore to SF is a solid move. They can afford to red shirt him all year (if need be) then ideally by the time Gore is ready tot ake a step back you can hand over the duties to Kendall Hunter and in the best case scenario a fully healed Lattimore. :O
    Stolen? Wasn't that part of their punishment for being scumbags with the whole bounty thing?
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    talk about whatever you want I just miss football and FF

Matt Barkley getting drafted in the 4th round is a mild shocker. I think USC qb's now have a stigma associated with them which is unfair. Barkley is going to be a decent qb, far better Leinart or Sanchez.