Looking for COPD or Fibromyalgia success stories

Options
2»

Replies

• summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with clinical depression in 2003 which opened the floodgates for so much more. I have fibro which leaves me with chronic pain and fatigue. I also suffer from tourette syndrome and seasonal affect disorder which makes winter a really bad time for me. I gained 105lbs. over the years from the medication and lack of exercise. After struggling for what felt like forever to loose the weight, I finally had gastric bypass surgery Sept. 2012.

This past winter has left me with the most severe case of fatigue I have ever experienced but I have managed to continue to loose weight just by monitering what I eat. Obviously the surgery gave me a head start but it has been up to me to make the right choices food wise. My point being that you can still loose weight even if you aren't engaging in a regular exercise program.

The weight loss has definitely helped ease some of the pain and with the nice weather finally upon us, I am hoping to get back into a regular exercise routine again. I do some walking but find it can aggravate things if I do too much or too many days in a row. Swimming and using a recumbant bike are the two that I have found to cause the least strain on joints. I did aquafitness for quite awhile and really enjoyed that as there was no impact whatsover.

Tell her good luck and I hope she can find some relief for her symptoms. ~
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I had severe fibromyalgia and am on oxygen full time. I say severe because I have gone from having to use a cane just to get out of bed to not having used one in a few years. It's not just the weight loss that helped me. Cutting out the crap food has made the biggest difference in how I feel. The major changes are cutting out fast food, processed foods, and yeast based products. Gentle yoga has been the best exercise for me. When I keep myself stretched out I feel so much better with the fibro pain. Just use common sense with exercise. I am not good with intense exercise as it will cause a flareup. Slow and steady is much better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!