Going over protein

Options
Hey I keep going over on protein but staying in calories and fat, is that ok? or will it hurt my weight loss?

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Most likely it won't. Protien is good for your body helps rebuild muscle after weight los. some people even add protein shake to their diet.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    The protein recommendation on here is low in my opinion. Eating higher protein will help keep you full and build muscle if you are strength training. If you have a kidney condition high protein could be a problem, but if not don't worry about going over what MFP says.
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    Protein is one category that it is ok to go over on. Some sites even recommend one gram of protein per lb of weight. SO I'd say you are fine.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    The protein recommendation on here is low in my opinion. Eating higher protein will help keep you full and build muscle if you are strength training. If you have a kidney condition high protein could be a problem, but if not don't worry about going over what MFP says.

I completely agree. I changed my goals on here to 40/30/30.
  • Mwaaaa
    Mwaaaa Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! :happy:
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am regularly (during my weight loss and now in maintenance) over my protein recommendation but lower in the sodium category. That has never jeopardize my weight loss and because I go to the gym, it is good for my muscles in general; although i have no aspiration what so ever to become a body builder or anything close to that, it's actually good to fill in the loose skin (i have tons of that) with a bit of muscles :)

So i think it's ok to go for higher in protein as long as they are the lean type (i.e. you stay within your intake of fat) and it's not processed (you stay within the sodium as well).

Good luck !
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    :love: I've wondered the same thing. I'm always over on protein but stay under on others. Been this way almost a month I think but I've still lost weight...had energy and feel full