Must Conquer Weight

Options
Hi I'm new in regards to posting or using the forum but I am not new to myfitnesspal. I started using the myfitnesspal app on my droid a year ago when I was at my heaviest 230lbs. I am now 194lbs thanx to eating right and exercising. I'm not looking to lose weight over night but I do at times need help staying motivated so that's why I've decided to join the community.
Thank you for reading and hopefully there are some like minded people out there.

Replies

• royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi, Congrats on losing 36lbs that is awesome. I agree that this site helps to keep you motivated that is why I am on it so much. I think I am addicted. A friend request has been sent. Lets work together to help support and encourage one another to not lose focus and conquer our goals of becoming fit and healthier and reaching all our goals.
  • runkeisharun
    runkeisharun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanx for the add. I'll definitely keep in touch and hopefully we'll help each other keep going!
  • heidihunt357
    heidihunt357 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, My highest weight was 235. I know it is hard to loose. I will be honest, I am a little jealous of you being under 200lbs and I dont even know you. But at the same time you give me hope. You show me that it can be done. Thank you. Might be odd to hear from a stranger, but I am complete serious. I need to see things like that to help me. I hope it is okay, but I going to send a friend request.
    Best of luck!
  • runkeisharun
    runkeisharun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, My highest weight was 235. I know it is hard to loose. I will be honest, I am a little jealous of you being under 200lbs and I dont even know you. But at the same time you give me hope. You show me that it can be done. Thank you. Might be odd to hear from a stranger, but I am complete serious. I need to see things like that to help me. I hope it is okay, but I going to send a friend request.
    Best of luck!
    Thank you for the kind words. It's an everyday struggle we're having to replace bad habits with good ones and boy oh boy is it hard. I accepted your friend request and I'm looking forward in seeing your progress.
  • heidihunt357
    heidihunt357 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the accept. I will be doing my weight on Monday, I am scared and excited all at the same time!!!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. We need all the motivators we can get.

I started with another app. Over the course of a year, I went from 225 to 197. Then stalled for about 2 months even though I was eating low cals and exercising. After searching the web trying to figure out what the heck is going on, I found MFP last Monday. What a great day that turned out to be. Thanks to these forums, I understand that I have to eat to lose. Low cal is not going to work, especially if those cals are too low. And my 1.5 lb loss this week proves it to me.

The forums and the advice contained herein have been the biggest help.

Get involved, read the forums and learn. You will reach your goals too!!!