Ecstatic over 13 lbs.

Options
I had my gallbladder taken out on April 2nd. Since then I have lost 13lbs. My extra weight caused a lot of complications. My doctor ended up slicing my liver and I now have some nasty scars because of the extra equipment that had to go in to repair it. All because I have such a massive fat stomach. I am only 25 and I never want to be in a situation like that again. So with that 13 lb loss, I know my tracker says two but I haven't updated my highest weight yet, I am ecstatic. I am hoping to lose twenty by July 25th because that is when my husband comes home from Saudi Arabia. I just need a little recognition if anyone has some to spare!

Replies

• Mbrowne55
    Mbrowne55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You've started and that is the hardest part. Keep trying to live healthier. It will pay off in the long run!
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    Take full advantage of the bonus you were given! Keep the momentum up ???? 13 is a wonderful number!
  • nucgirl13
    nucgirl13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 13 lbs is great!
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    13 pounds is terrific. Just imagine yourself at your goal ... and with your dear hubbie! Stay connected with MFP and you will get there. Congratulations to you, and thanks to your husband for serving.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first 13! Every pound counts, and I think you should feel good about your progress every step of the way!
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    great work...
  • ninibmr
    ninibmr Posts: 5
    Options
    Good for you! Keep tracking and you'll keep losing! The key is to eat a variety of healthy food and not to deprive yourself of some treats, as long as you count them in your tracking. That way you don't want to give up, and you feel excited about what you're doing and accomplishing! Keep it up and you'll be a success. I bet you'll be down more by July!!!
  • GoneLbsGirl
    Options
    Your husband will absolutely notice and be so proud of you!! Even better, you feel amazing about yourself!! Many Many congrats on your 13 lbs!
  • sriley721
    sriley721 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have lost about the same and yes, its reason to celebrate! Its going to be your best summer ever! Keep up the great work.
  • cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    that is amazing! I have pretty much the same scar, nice 10 inches across my stomach, but the smaller I get the less I notice it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!