SO PROUD OF MYSELF

Options
bnorris2013
bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
I am so damn proud of myself! I ate 2841 calories today because it was a girls day out and I figured it out that I needed 81 minutes on the elliptical to burn what I ate and figured if I did the extra 39 minutes it would give me extra in case my calculations were wrong! AND I DID IT! I took 5 x 5minute breaks to get water so took me about 2 1/2 hours to do it but I DID IT!

Replies

• Shel2Peru
    Shel2Peru Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's dedication....good for you in burning it all off!!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    That is dedication.... Good for you, you SHOULD be proud.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Girlie!
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's so great that you were able to indulge yourself and compensate with exercise!!!! :drinker:
  • EstyPorter
    EstyPorter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WOW, thats AWESOME !! I wish I could do that ! Keep it up, youll be at youre goal in not time !!
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    well done! How nice to be able to enjoy yourself and work out to take care of it. You SHOULD be proud. that's what it is all about:smile:
  • rosiesmama
    rosiesmama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's so wonderful when we realize we can do hard things. You SHOULD be proud.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's hard to keep focused for that long. You did well. It's all a balance. I had pizza and could have had more, but I knew that would mean working harder to take it off, so I stopped after two pieces. Balance. :smile:
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    there is no way you could burn 2800 in 80 minutes... unless you are god!

With my heart rate at 170+ on the elliptical I burn at best 10cals/minute.

Be careful with overestimations, and don't think you need to burn all your days calories! Moderation is key :)
  • jeremybrooks
    jeremybrooks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is what I love about My Fitness Pal. I can "buy back" some calories so I can indulge in a few things I really enjoy!
  • lisaplus6
    Options

Be careful with overestimations, and don't think you need to burn all your days calories! Moderation is key :)

it sounds like she burned the extra calories for what she needed on top of her daily requirement, NOT all 2800. why do people always add the snarky comments here. it makes it hard to read these success posts.... I thought we were here to help each other....

way to go on your girls day and making it work!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    good job
  • weebuddy36
    weebuddy36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Now that's how you can have balance in your life. Well done and BE proud of yourself!! Cheers!! :drinker:
  • bnorris2013
    Options

I burned 2198 calories in 2 hours - Keep in mind everyones body is different depending on height weight and age
    What I burn in a hour on the elliptical or a hour of zumba is twice that of what my friend burns but she is also half my size

I plugged in my calories based on what Myfitnesspal estimates for me - I also realize that MFP can be off on the totals which is why I make sure to work out extra this way if its off a little bit I am covered

And thanks for the tip but I don't want to be over on my calories period - Your right Moderation is key but why bother making this change if I am going to allow myself to go over on my calories when its easier to just get some exercise to cover it - No reason at all for me to go over my calories unless I have no choice for the day

I am very happy with that fact that I was able to go out with my friends indulge myself and come home and bust my bum to not only make sure my calories were covered but to give me extra time

I enjoy working out - I enjoy the high I get from accomplishing my goals for working out and I get totally over the moon when I can make this change in my life and know that I will be ok even if I slip because I know I can cover it
  • mrsbankston
    mrsbankston Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • stlkat1957
    Options
    That is terrific. that is a long time to be on an elliptical. I could not have done what you did today with that. but the best thing of all is that you had the ah ha moment. You can enjoy yourself AND work it off ... but the key word is "work it off". I too had a proud moment today. I did a 3 hour dance-athon for ADA today and hung in the entire time, with exception of water breaks and refills. I wanted to see if I have rebuilt my stamina to handle it and aside from very rubbed feet where I didn't have taped, I managed to do it without a cramp, pulled muscle, or any other type injury. so here's a high 5 to both of us!!!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    And well you should be.
  • bnorris2013
    Options
    That is terrific. that is a long time to be on an elliptical. I could not have done what you did today with that. but the best thing of all is that you had the ah ha moment. You can enjoy yourself AND work it off ... but the key word is "work it off". I too had a proud moment today. I did a 3 hour dance-athon for ADA today and hung in the entire time, with exception of water breaks and refills. I wanted to see if I have rebuilt my stamina to handle it and aside from very rubbed feet where I didn't have taped, I managed to do it without a cramp, pulled muscle, or any other type injury. so here's a high 5 to both of us!!!!

GREAT JOB!

Let me tell you my feet are sore LOL
  • bnorris2013
    Options
    I woulda rather done like hour in morning hour in evening but was not sure what i was going to eat and my day was longer then planned so all at the end of the day it was LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!