2»

Replies

• sidewinder76
    Options
    68 Mustang!
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    That's my dream car! Along with a 67 camaro and a 70 monte carlo.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I am a Jeep person. Always will be and I'm 45. I vote Jeep.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    First step of course is to avoid the crisis and make rational purchasing decisions. That being said, I was always partial in younger years to Lotus and to Austin Healy 3000. I owned a number of British sports cars but could not afford those. Now I find them to be small, uncomfortable and impractical.
    So where to go from here?
    I owned a 911 one time, but not sure I want a car so small again and no place for my golf clubs. So I think to answer your question, I will go with something like a Porsche Cayenne. I just like the lines. I hear they are not the best for maintenance, but that may be improving.
    There are always Ferraris and Lamborghinis, but the practical reality of those vehicles is not realistic for the most of us.
  • opheliaphoenix
    opheliaphoenix Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    My dream car is a 1933 Chrysler Imperial. Swoon!
  • qswilliams
    Options
    Harley Davidson
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    So, for those of you who like/have the jeep wrangler, how do you handle the top? The top is the main reason I'm shying away from it. The soft top seems like it would take forever to get on and off and I heard it leaks. The hard top you have to store when it's off and then what happens if you're out and it starts to rain?
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I think I may be doing it wrong, but my midlife crisis car is a VW bus. I picked it up a couple of years ago.
    You're definitely doing it right.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I guess I have been having a mid life crises since I was 19 years old.
    my latest purchase was my 1973 Beetle.
    But, I don't really have mid life crises.
    I have been 29 for..... 14 years now.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Jeep Wranglers are fantastic. Regardless of your age, I would highly recommend it.
    This is my baby.
    9626_1186891842830_4902625_n.jpg
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I would refuse to buy a car that costs more than my house....
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    we sold our jeep rubicon, i loved that car. the top isnt horrible to get down, takes some time but its not as time consuming as you think.

my dream car is simple, a mazda miata. i'd like to get an older model, put in a sports suspension, roll cage, bigger engine. take it racing at infineon.

the jeep is fun. i loved the rubicon for all the off roading we did. it handled the trails really well. i never felt in danger even on the steepest, dustiest trail.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I went through this and ended up just keeping my Accrod and my GMC truck. Still want t a convertible Camero ro such, but it can wait.