Crock Pot Users!

Options
wwest21
wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
Throw at me all of your favorite crock pot recipes.

My roommate and I both usually work until the supper hour, so we love to have a meal done by the time we get home. Sometimes we even have two crock pots going at the same time.

Replies

• AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Here's one I tried recently :) Found it in Pinterest and copy/pasted the recipe below:

Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken

Yields: 6 | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 255 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 468 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein: 18 g
    Ingredients

• 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 2" cubes
    • 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into 1" strips
    • 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, in natural juice
    • 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
    • 1/3 cup honey
    • 2 tablespoons cornstarch

Directions
    Recommend using a 4-7 quart slow-cooker.
    Pour juice from canned pineapple chunks into a small mixing bowl. Add to juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and honey, whisk to combine. Add cornstarch and stir until combined.
    Place chicken in slow-cooker, add pineapple chunks and bell peppers. Pour pineapple mixture over chicken, cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. Serve chicken over a bed of quinoa or brown rice.
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Add any meat chicken (bag of chicken) or beef to crockpot on low 8 hours to cook all day.

Then take out sort by serving size to add to your favorite recipes.

Cooked chicken boneless skinless.
    Add to salads
    Add to fahitas
    Add to chicken salad
    Add to stir fry
    Add to sauce/soy/fahita/andria's/lite dressing
    Add to burrito
    Add to wrap.
    Add to recipes...buffalo wing dip.
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I cook a whole chicken once a week or so, bone it and use for enchiladas, chicken and dumplings, soup, salad, etc. straine and freeze the broth, too.

Tomorrow I'm cooking a pork butt (also called shoulder). Part of it will be pulled pork for BBQ, part frozen and later used as green chile pork burritos.

I also like to put rice, can of diced tomatoes, onion, diced bell pepper, Cajun seasoning with a Cooked, diced andouille sausage and one chicken breast. Cook all day, add cooked shrimp at the end for jambalaya.
  • Bree1212
    Bree1212 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When you cook the whole chicken do you put any liquid in with it? Does it brown? Do you put it right on the bottom or do you put foil balls under it? Please do tell your secrets!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Check out Allrecipes.com. They have lots of crockpot recipes andI have made quite a few. Too many good ones for me to think of just a couple.
  • bryt0412
    bryt0412 Posts: 32
    Options
    I just tried salsa chicken I used 3 chicken breasts ,cream of mushroom,jar of salsa,and a can of black beans. Cooked the chicken,salsa and cream of mushroom for about 5 hrs and then shredded the chicken and put it back in and added the black beans. Coked for like 10-15 to let the beans heat up and I had it with some brown rice. Very good! I also used it the next day in a whole wheat tortilla,tomorrow I plan on putting it on my salad!
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I just posted a Crockpot African Peanut Soup recipe on the "What to do with sweet potatoes" thread. It's one of our family favorites.
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :drinker: bump
  • skinnytayy
    skinnytayy Posts: 459
    Options
    Here's a list I came across recently on Pinterest ... It has like 700 crockpot recipes.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/search/SearchResults.aspx?searchtext=crock+pot&scope=kr-memberrecipes&rsort=MR-RATING*1&page=1&start=1&reload=0&

Also, you can go onto pinterest and search "crockpot recipes" and pull up recipes for days.
  • danbil
    danbil Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in England and presume a 'crock pot' is the same as a slow cooker. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Simple BBQ pulled pork with cous cous in roasted pepper.

Pork shoulder
    Vegetable stock
    Cous cous packet
    Red pepper
    BBQ sauce

Rub salt and pepper into the meat and add garlic if you wish. Put the meat, uncooked, into the slow cooker and pour in about 400ml of vegetable stock. Cook on low for at least 8 hours. Carefully lift the pork from the slow cooker as the meat will just fall off and lay on a plate or chopping board. Remove the fat and with 2 forks pull the meat apart easily. In a bowl mix your personal choice of BBQ sauce with a little water to thin. Add a serving of the pork to BBQ sauce and cover all the meat and leave to marinade (the longer the better). After maranading transfer the the meat to a baking tray in a medium oven until heated through while roasting a whole pepper which has been gutted. To finish cook the cous cous as instructed on the packet.

I had plenty left over and used some the next for a roast dinner and saved the vegetable stock and meat juices to make the gravy.

fff48c16688907020e616d34400f9c55_zps7df52889.jpg
  • qwertbug
    qwertbug Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I get all my low-cal slow cooker recipes from this site. Love all her recipes! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/crock-pot-recipes.html
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    This is called taste of Italy sandwiches
    3 lbs chicken breasts
    1 tbsp. Of olive oil
    1 packet of Italian dressing mix
    1 jar pepperoncini
    1 cup of pepperoncini juice ( I just dumped whole jar)
    6 slices of provolone cheese (could use whatever cheese you want)
    6 sub rolls (again whatever you want)

Brown both sides of chicken breasts in skillet. Add chicken, italian dressing mix and pepperoncini jar and juice.
    Cook for 8 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
    Shredd the meat with forks and serve on rolls with cheese.
    We added tomatoe and lettuce.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Omg discussion of drugs on the main forums is not allowed!!
  • SamDanielleB
    Options
    I clicked it because I read "Crack Pot." ...
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • stacydawn75
    Options
    Your ideas are all great!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
    1 pkt of dry italian dressing
    2 cans of fat free cream of chicken soup
    1 8oz package of fat free cream cheese

lightly spray crockpot...put the chicken breast in ...mix the other stuff together and throw on top ..give a light stir...cook on low for 4 - 5 hours..serve over rotelle pasta.

this is my all time FAVORITE go to crock pot recipe..in fact I am on my way to the store to get stuff for it tonight. If the sauce is too thick you can add a little milk but I have never had to. It's always perfect.

the chicken will kind of shred when it's all done so it makes about 12 servings..at right around 300 calories a serving. This coupled with a nice salad..very filling meal
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When you cook the whole chicken do you put any liquid in with it? Does it brown? Do you put it right on the bottom or do you put foil balls under it? Please do tell your secrets!

Ive done "rotisserie chicken" in a crockpot before. I put a little butter in the center of it, not much. then a half a lemon. i squeeze the other half on top, cover with seasonings (lemon pepper, garlic, tony cacheres...whatever you like). then spray the top with pam..it helps brown it . Also, I cook mine in the crockpot liners for easy clean up. You can also throw in some veggies with it!
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I cook a pork tenderloin (lower in fat than shoulder/butt). Just add pork tenderloin from package. Cook low all day. Before serving slice/shread add BBQ sauce. If you wanted more flavour add onion and garlic with pork (opitional) and season salt (optional). Good stuff. Eat plain or on weight watcher bread.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y433/krazyasiannic/Weight Loss Journey/Food/CAM00259_zpsfef7fc4b.jpg[/img]

Corn Chowder is one of my boyfriend's favorite soups! He even loves that powdered corn chowder mix that I cannot stand. However, am in the process of making my mom a Mother's Day Crock Pot Recipe book of my favorite recipes to go with the crock pot I am giving her. The next 2 weeks will be making these recipes and taking pictures so she has an idea of how everything looks. I will also be making a chart I found on CrockinGirls.com that shows how long to crock pot recipes from stoves and ovens, so you can virtually create anything!

Chicken Corn Chowder:

Ingredients:
    - 2 boneless and skinless chicken breast (optional. I used leftover pizza chicken I had previously diced and cooked)
    - 6 Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed small
    - 1 can Corn, undrained
    - 3 stalks celery, diced
    - 1/2 yellow onion, diced
    - 2 medium carrots, diced
    - 3 pats of butter
    - 2 tsp chicken Better Than Bullion (or can use 2 bullion cubes)
    - water
    - 12 oz Evaporated Milk

Directions:
    1. Prep all your vegetables by washing, peeling, and cutting them.
    2. If you don't already have leftover chicken like I did. Dice some up and lightly cook it until cooked on outside.
    3. In the crock pot, place potatoes, carrots, onions. celery, corn, chicken, bullion, and butter.
    4. Fill water until almost everything is covered.
    5. Crock on LOW for 7-9 hours.
    6. When soup is done, removed some of the potato and vegetables to a blender and blend, then return to crock pot and stir. (If you have a hand blender, could just insert that carefully into the crock pot to blend some.).
    7. Stir in evaporated milk and stir well.
    8. Let cook LOW for another 30 mins - 1 hour.

Can serve with sour cream, bacon, and sour cream on top. Can serve in a bread bowl.

My recipe makes 6 big servings only 360 calories per serving without garnishes or bread bowl.