SKINNY FIBER....Negatives?

Options
I have read for days about the positives of this pill & have yet to come across anything negative.
Anyone have a negative experience? Side effects? etc?

Im seriously considering this product (Just to try, not long term) BUT being the type of person I am, I dont take anything without ALL the facts. I wont even take vitamins cause Im scared of future side effects not discovered yet :/

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    supplements are not regulated by the FDA and can contain anything without anyone's knowledge, causing possible illness and/or death.

but then again, we'll all die eventually.

good luck.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    supplements are not regulated by the FDA and can contain anything without anyone's knowledge, causing possible illness and/or death.

but then again, we'll all die eventually.

good luck.
    Meh, YOLO! Take all teh supplements OP.
  • little_black_dress
    little_black_dress Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The FDA allows chemicals & cancer causing ingredients in our foods, so ya, I dont really put to much faith in the FDA.

SO, on that note...........any REAL people take SKinny Fiber?
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I try to get all I need from my food. I don't take any supplements unless my blood says i need it and even then, I try to do it with real food.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I know someone that took Skinny Fiber. Caused ill side effects and no weight gain, also a lighter wallet.
    Please don't waste your time or money.
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you want more fiber in your diet, try Fiber One products. I really like the 90 calorie brownies they have with 5g of fiber in them.
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    Or plain old psyllium fiber sold in bulk (it's what's in Metamucil without the sugar or gross flavour). A spoon or two a day mixed in water.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    What is "skinny fiber" and how does it differ from "regular fiber"?
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I use Benefibre SHape Management. I put a scoop in my morning coffee. Its tasteless! I know this doesn't answer your question, but I haven't heard of Skinny Fiber.
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    I use Benefibre SHape Management. I put a scoop in my morning coffee. Its tasteless!

Doesn't it make your coffee go thick if you don't drink it up quick? I'd like to find something that doesn't need to be chugged right away. But then it doesn't seem like it could have enough fiber to be worthwhile.
  • LoveDreamSmile
    Options
    A friend of mine knows a girl from school we knew used skinny fiber and lost 50 lbs on it supposedly. Problem is she only started talking to her again from Facebook and wouldn't show an after photo of her body or during photo I should say. So pretty much it's just what she said that my friend went by..she could've been lying though since she was trying to get her to buy the product.

I did check Amazon reviews for skinny fiber and some were good and some were bad. This is all I know about this product..hope that helps.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Eat your fruits and veggies instead :tongue:
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    no haven't tried it. i did try some other fibre diet thingys (PGX, Roca Labs). they didn't work at all.

i just eat lots of veggies now to fill up. so much tastier too.

eat lots of healthy foods, walk, pick up heavy things, maintain a calorie deficit, and you will lose weight.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    *bump*

Not considering to try the product at the moment, but was wondering as well if anyone has tried it...

I have my own small opinion(not very detailed) on the product, but that's only based off of what I've seen... On Facebook there's a group "Healthy Weight Loss Support Group" and everyone vouches for the product, promotes the purchase of the product, and posts their results- but the pictures for results seem completely unreal... Well, some of them at least! I would say that exercise & healthy eating habits are the way to go, sometimes people do need that extra push... But some cases I've seen people lose nearly 20 pounds in two weeks, and that just seems unhealthy... While the weight loss slows down to a more normal loss, I don't know if its really a "healthy" way to go.

On another note, the group is helpful for low carb-low cal recipes and general tips! And you don't have to take the "skinny fiber" product to be a member.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    yes..DO NOT TAKE THAT GARBAGE...EAT FIBER..NO PILLS JEEEEEEZ
  • lisastetlerinsana
    Options
    I have a relative using this. She has had amazing results. However, I have yet to see an unbiased review from someone not selling it. In fact, the lady I first heard about it from has made so much money selling it that she bought a huge new house a few years ago. There are more than three ingredients. If you do a search you can find a picture of the label. They only tell you the three main ones. This is really nothing more than something to fill your stomach so you aren't hungry. You take it and it expands in your stomach, keeping you full. In fact, it had a warning that it must be taken with liquid so it doesn't get stuck and expand in your throat. Very quick results from what Ive seen and that's what we all want but losing weight quickly isn't healthy or long lasting. I worry about the long term affects and what kinds of health problems will come up with it down the road.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I use Benefibre SHape Management. I put a scoop in my morning coffee. Its tasteless!

Doesn't it make your coffee go thick if you don't drink it up quick? I'd like to find something that doesn't need to be chugged right away. But then it doesn't seem like it could have enough fiber to be worthwhile.

Benefibre doesn't thicken like a product like Metamucil does. It is a different type of fibre than the ones that thicken when mixed into liquids. When I used Benefibre I would mix it into coffee, soups, sauces, chili, etc. There are a lot of generic versions of Benefibre as well out there.

For the OP, Skinny Fibre is nothing but a very processed fibre supplement ... just like PGX that was huge a while back. It's nothing special to make you lose weight. Drinking a full glass of water before meals will do the same thing. No sense in taking a fibre supplement unless you don't get enough from diet.
  • parkerevans28
    Options
    To bad no one replied answering the question. :-/ pretty sure she didn't ask for advice but for replies from people who took the product. I can't seem to find any negatives. But still not confident in the product
  • butterflyox
    Options
    Hello so I'm a real human, no seller. I've been on skinny fiber for not even a week now I think (lol I have 150 pounds to lose I don't care what day I start or what I do anymore! I need to lose weight)...
    So positive feedback.. It fills me up to be honest like it says it does. I feel happier, I sleep better, have more energy, eat better things but here's the negative:
    I always want/go to fast food when I get home from work cause I crash cause I'm either really hungry at night or eating a salad every day just doesn't cut it
    More of a person thing so beware as you read but it is proven that when a change of diet, your natural lubricants when feeling excited may "reduce".. Mine stopped completely. No matter how excited I am, there is no personal lubrification down there and has ruined my sex life for this past week.
    Yaddy yaddy yadda about the FDA thing .. Bummer.
    The personal lubrification and still wanting to run to fast foods are my main things but going home in about 2 months and want to lose weight before to surprise my family !! Going to be doing the good ol diet and exercise but also with the help of skinny fiber
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Eat your fruits and veggies instead :tongue:

Beans too the musical fruit. Curious why one would doubt the FDA but trust a company selling unregulated pills?
This discussion has been closed.