Sugar free oatmeal banana cookies

Options
BajaDreamin333
BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
More like banana bread than a cookie, but for 90 calories, less without chocolate chips and almonds, it's super healthy and satisfying. I think they're better cold than warm, and I may try making bars instead of drop cookies. Steel cut oats could increase the hearty texture. They don't spread out on the baking sheet at all!

I may try adding flax seed, dates, or even a little Stevia sweetener, but its a great base.

3 mashed bananas
1/3 no sugar added applesauce
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup almond milk
24 almonds, raw, chopped
60 semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon or cloves or cardamon
1/8 tsp salt

Mash bananas. Mix in all other ingredients well. (I let the oats soak in the wet mixture for about 10 minutes to make it more adhesive.)

Drop in spoonfuls onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Made 14 cookies, 90 calories each.

Replies

• divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just what I was looking for, recipe for old fashioned oats and bananas with no flour! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try it!
  • joro0404
    joro0404 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump
  • mode42
    mode42 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leap314
    leap314 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump, yum
  • Barbi530
    Barbi530 Posts: 1
    Options
    here are similar cookies I make every week. Two mashed up ripe bananas, 1 cup minute oats, cinnamon to taste
    and butterscotch chips. Bake for 15 minutes at 350. I think they are delicious and they are satisfying.

P.S I lost 18 lbs through MFP and I am well within healthy BMI number. Thank You, My Fitness Pal. Great program. I have retained what I learned in being on the app everyday for 6 straight months and it has been an invaluable aid in maintaining my weight.
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • BajaDreamin333
    Options
    Made a variation of these, adding 3 packets of Stevia. Really nice addition. Then instead if cookies, I did bars: spread the dough out on a cookie sheet and cut into 14 bars when they came out of the oven. I also sprinkled raw sesame seeds on top before baking which gave a really nutty flavor and great texture.

I love these bars- they're my new staple to make healthy creative snacks. There's no end to what you could add, just adjust the calories accordingly. Next time I'm adding protein powder for my own limited ingredient protein bars.
  • okiebug27
    okiebug27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    yum! must try these, thanks for sharing.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    fantastic!!! thank you.... I was looking for a more wholefood cookie recipe today for my kids to make... this one is perfect!
  • SueB54
    SueB54 Posts: 5
    Options
    I love these cookies, I added some dried cranberries and walnuts instead of the almonds, put a pinch of nutmeg in to, yummy!!
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    Sounds yummy,,going to try this weekend
  • BajaDreamin333
    Options
    I modified a bit. Instead of cookies I did one pan and cut them into bars while still hot. I also sprinkled sesame seeds on top - super nutty flavor! Wrap individually in wax paper and refrigerate for an easy to grab snack!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    :)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    :)
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Bump