Green Tea Ideas to make it more tasty?

Options

Replies

• pnubn1
    pnubn1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Don't over steep it. A lightly steeped green tea tastes soooo good. Add an orange slice for a sweet kick.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add a touch of Stevia.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Mint. Pomegranate.
  • KateHill1981
    KateHill1981 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I brew green tea using my cofee pot and then add a generic crystal light packets for flavorings. I make a gallon at a time and drink it iced. :)
  • apcartwright
    apcartwright Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    tetleys pomegranite green tea with a splash of lemon
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Ginseng, milk and honey. :heart:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you like to drink it in the morning, you can put the tea into a cup with cold water and put it in the fridge and let it cold steep over night, then lightly sweeten it with whatever you like in the morning. I think it tastes much better when it is cold steeped and still cold to drink. I use loose leaf tea.

Or mix it with something else such as spearmint (yum). Or add it to a berry smoothie (yum yum), you could also use matcha for that (it tastes good with coconut milk).

Or don't drink it (if it's really terrible for you).
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    There is a Pomegranate Green Tea that I totally love. I think it is from Biglow. Regular or jasmine green tea is okay but kind of blah to me byt the Pomegranae Green Tea I could (and often do) drink every day.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    If you don't like green tea, don't drink green tea imo
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Green tea has no flavor whatsoever to me, it sort of taste bitter. People always brag about how good green tea is, what are some cool ways to drink this without necessarily having to add sugar? Any suggestions?

if it's flavor-less, you're not using enough, OR not steeping long enough

If it's bitter, you are using paper tea bags (just stop, please), you're brewing too long, or you're brewing at too high a temperature. You don't brew it at the same temp as black tea.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Plop in a few peppermint candies to your cup, let em melt and stir em up.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Mint and lime juice. Also, make sure you're not treating it too harshly (high temps and over steeping), this can really alter the flavor of the tea.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    For a long time, I just drank green tea for the antioxidants.

But recently I started experimenting with flavored and herbal teas such as vanilla, chocolate, mint (spearmint and peppermint), and apple spice and am loving it.

Sometimes I combine green tea with one of the flavored teas.

Experimenting with different brands and types of green teas is a good idea as well.

Good to know that steeping it too long or overheating the water can make green tea bitter. I'll keep that in mind.
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    I like the Lipton brand Orange, Passionfruit and Jasmine Green Tea, I like it without any sweetness or add a teaspoon of honey for a little sweetness.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the taste of green tea--tastes like hay to me, and not in a good way. So when I brew it for iced tea, I throw in a few mint tea bags. When I drink it hot, I just buy the fruit-flavored green teas (like any of the Lipton Superfruit line), and all the ones I've tried have tasted good.

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day and so true. I just could not find the word to describe it!
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it don't drink it. No need to force yourself.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I loooove my green tea - and it is a crazy good source of EGCG.

If you're not super down to sweeten it with a little honey, try the Celestial Seasonings Green Tea with White Tea (not an ad, I just like this one). It's got an elephant on the box - it's legitimately so much sweeter than normal green tea, you won't even need honey.

I love green tea as well, will try this one day.

Not everyone loves green tea at first. I always have but if you keep looking around you may find what you like. And you can not use boiling water, if its too hot you can add a couple of ice cubes to not burn it. Honey, yum.
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I buy Private Selection Citrus green tea. I usually make a big batch and ice it. So it's a green iced tea. You can add sugar or splenda to it or whatever. I use splenda. But it's really refreshing.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    The posts pointing out proper brewing temperature are bang on.

For a more round tasting green tea, try genmai-cha.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I think it tastes like grass must taste if you boiled it. I keep trying because it is supposed to be so good for us. Normally I just water the grass with it when I toss it out.